A Robust Summer Corona

Started by Joelala, 04/29/2013 09:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonM

Looks like we got a problem with the pass.  I have been busy with my daughter visiting, so I checked the tracking on it this morning, and it was out for delivery yesterday in Tallahassee.  Not even close to me.  I checked the addy I have here on CG and it is correct.

I hope that the USPS picks up on the error and re routes it back to me.  I will keep you posted if it arrives today

"The Curmudgeon"

Mautrak

The USPS works in mysterious ways.  I've had some packages coming to me from this site, and USPS said it was to be delivered that day.  I would go on their website and it would show it many hours away as if something had gone wrong.  Then the next day it was delivered.

They're likely just messing with ya.

Joelala

QuoteDonM - 5/17/2013  8:52 AM

Looks like we got a problem with the pass.  I have been busy with my daughter visiting, so I checked the tracking on it this morning, and it was out for delivery yesterday in Tallahassee.  Not even close to me.  I checked the addy I have here on CG and it is correct.

I hope that the USPS picks up on the error and re routes it back to me.  I will keep you posted if it arrives today

Otter can you confirm you sent it to Don's Address on file?
Joe

sjn1117

i had them show a package i sent to connecticut was somewhere in washington state and delivered but it was actually delivered properly in connecticut. gotta love computers!
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

Otter

I was traveling and didn't see this until I got the PM from Joe just now. I sent this package to Don using the address in the pass system for this pass. I won't post his entire address in the forums but for a cross check I sent it to Crystal River, FL not Tallahassee, FL. I printed the address on the computer and taped it on, I also hand wrote it underneath that just in case something happened to the printed label. I am not sure what the hell is going on with the USPS.

Here's the receipt, note the tracking number is correct and the city name is correct.

R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

Joelala

Thanks Otter, Don maybe you can check with the post office?
Joe

bmac7754

Quotesjn1117 - 5/17/2013  10:34 AM  i had them show a package i sent to connecticut was somewhere in washington state and delivered but it was actually delivered properly in connecticut. gotta love computers!

I recently ran into a similar problem with them. I had one say it went to some different state, but thankfully their computer was wrong and it got to the right owner. 

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

DonM

It appears they got it re routed back through Jacksonville yesterday afternoon so maybe I will see it today

"The Curmudgeon"

Joelala

QuoteDonM - 5/18/2013  7:26 AM

It appears they got it re routed back through Jacksonville yesterday afternoon so maybe I will see it today

Excellent, thanks for keeping us in the loop Don
Joe

DonM

The box arrived today while I was out on the boat getting sun burned  :bigthumbs: The box is fine, I will check it out tonight

"The Curmudgeon"

Joelala

Joe

Otter

Great! I bet there's nothing that can be done to hammer the USPS for this F up...
R, Otter
CRA Ambassador #0264

sjn1117

hell no, just be glad it made it intact

sjn1117

hell no, just be glad it made it intact

DonM

Thanks for letting me in on the Pass, Joe!

This one is ready to head to the USPS in the morning, are you ready for it David (dala399) ?

"The Curmudgeon"

Joelala

QuoteDonM - 5/19/2013  4:29 PM

Thanks for letting me in on the Pass, Joe!

This one is ready to head to the USPS in the morning, are you ready for it David (dala399) ?

Thanks Don, David should be ready, he updated his address since he recently switched jobs, we used to work in the same office.
Joe

Joelala

Thanks for the quick turn around time Don
Joe

dala399

Looks like I'm next, I'll keep an eye out.
-David

Otter

Let's hope the USPS has their act together this time!
R, Otter
CRA Ambassador #0264

dala399

QuoteOtter - 5/20/2013  8:11 PM

Let's hope the USPS has their act together this time!

I've never had any confidence in the USPS' abilities.  Last year I ordered a 3 finger cigar case and online tracking said it was out for delivery for 4 days before it showed up.  When I call customer service they told me I had to wait 10 bus. days from the shipped date before they could put in a research request.
-David

dala399

Just got the pass and submitted my takes and puts.  As long as I can get to the post office before it closes it will being headed your way today Jeff.
-David

Joelala

Thanks for the quick transition David, Feedback has been left through David. So please leave feedback for me when you can.
Joe

sjn1117

its almost my turn :dancing: brad is a good friend of mine and he has some great stuff! gonna be hard to drop some goodies on him but i think i can handle it. cool pass so far!

dala399

QuoteJoelala - 5/22/2013  5:16 PM

Thanks for the quick transition David, Feedback has been left through David. So please leave feedback for me when you can.

Thanks again for inviting me to be apart of the pass, I look forward to the next!

-David
-David

dala399

So more problems with usps...I have a confirmation email from usps stating the pass is on its way to Jeff in CO.  However, when I checked the tracking # it states the package is out for delivery in Chicago.  I'm in a meeting in the suburbs now but I'll check when I get home to see if they delivered it there in error.  If so I should be able to go to the post office tomorrow and get the matter sorted out.
-David

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.