Father's Day June 16th

Started by amigodecigars, 05/14/2013 05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amigodecigars

100 words or less...."My Dad"

Ends May 30th. I will chose a winner and mail the Costa Rican sampler to you.

"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

jdwaynes1980

Roll Tide!

amigodecigars

Story, poem, tribute, testimonial, acknowledgment of gratitude, memory, etc.....all good.
"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

billy82

This is my first fathers day.  I wont change the last 5 months for anything.  My little Sophia warms my heart evey second that I'm with her and that to me is one of the best feelings ever.
But I really liked the name "Wish Stealer". It had a Native American ring to it. -Brlesq

A wise geek once told me that moving up from a daily smoke to a weekly or even bi-monthly smoke would be worth it, if I could learn how to appreciate a really really good cigar. -southernrun
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=billy82

jdwaynes1980

You weren't there when I was a child,
And you've hardly been there since then.
But when I needed someone most in my life,
You were the only one who stepped in.

You've done a lot to make things better between us,
And for this I am truly glad.
You may not be the perfect Father
But I'm proud to call you Dad.

Roll Tide!

Brlesq

Daddy's on a diet,
Taking care with what he eats.
So I guess I should keep quiet,
That I saw him wolfing sweets!

Daddy's on a diet,
And for me it's turned out well!
As I've joined the secret feasting,
To ensure that I won't tell!

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

lubrix

I didn't win the last time I entered my poem so here it is again.
               Ginko leaves
            Scissors crushing
              Remote control
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Vroomp

You have been gone now for so many years

but, thinking of you still brings on the tears.

Those last times we had were fun and were good

watching and helping you shape all that wood.

Those days in your shop were the last I remember

and I always think of you every September.

I was glad that you got to meet my new wife

yet saddened that my daughter has you not in her life.

You would be proud to know her and she to know you

and maybe one day when her life is through,

you can meet her and greet her with your friendly smile

and show those things that made life worthwhile.

We'll always remember how much fun we had

and I always will love you because you're still my dad!

Here's a box of tissues for y'all.....

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

tvolball

My Dad, What can I say
My Dad is the greatest man I have ever known
Thanks for all you have done
I love you more then life itself
My Dad was 77 years old on May 2nd and we still have with us today thank God!

"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

nirab

My dad rocks.  :bigthumbs:

He has been condom free since 1966...hence my arrival in 1967...

Thanks pops!  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

sjn1117

i lost my daddy on july 31, 2010 to a sudden and unexpected heart attack. i was two hundred miles away fishing on a trip he was supposed to be with me on but had a cold and backed out. i talked to him that morning and teased him about the redfish i would catch for him, how ironic. i miss him everyday, he was my best friend, my shoulder, and most of all my rock. i see his face and hear that booming laugh at least once a day somewhere somehow. love you daddy!
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

cigarzinn

My Dad was awesome.  This will be my second Father's Day, and the first one without him. I miss the guy but am very glad my son got to meet his Opa!

GoldenX

I may be a little biased, but my father is a great man.  He has taught me MANY things and still continues to teach me every day.  The only difference is, now at 28, there are many things that I can teach and show him as well.  The evolvement from father to best friend is the most amazing thing ever, and I treasure it.  I can't wait until this Father's Day to share a cigar with my father showing my new found hobby and passion.

amigodecigars

WINNER: VROOMP
Honorable mention to 'lubrix' for his attempt at Haiku.
I want to get the cigars in the mail to Brad asap so that he will have them by Father's Day.
Thanks to all for participating and I wish ALL members and guests a very happy Father's Day.

tvolball

"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

toby2

QuoteBrlesq - 5/15/2013  1:48 PM  Daddy's on a diet, Taking care with what he eats. So I guess I should keep quiet, That I saw him wolfing sweets!  Daddy's on a diet, And for me it's turned out well! As I've joined the secret feasting, To ensure that I won't tell!  

:biggrin:

MT21

I didn't realize today was the 30th. Oh well.

Congrats Brad.
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

Joelala

"When a boy is little he says 'I want to be like my father when I grow up.' When the boy grows up he says 'I want to be nothing like my father. Then when the father is gone, and the boy is a man he says 'I wonder what my father would have done."
Joe

oldgeezer

My dad passed away over 20 years ago. We used to love getting together on Father's Day, any holiday really, and just sit, smoke cigars and catch up. I still go the cemetery every Father's day, sit and smoke a cigar with Dad, I'm sure he still enjoys it as much as I do.
"Give a man a handshake, and he'll claim that he's met you. Give a man a cigar, and he'll call you friend for the rest of his life." -Unknown

"Aficionado my ass...I just love to smoke cigars" - James Woods

Michaelbevans61

Love my old man, getting him a nat sampler for fathers day
Rock and roll is no genre, rock and roll? .......my friends rock and roll is a way of life!
Brent Smith, Shinedown

akira

Sorry I didn't see the contest, but I want to post this anyway.  My dad is a great man.  He was a strong, stable force in my life and while he wasn't the most vocal person and he could be difficult at times, I love him.  I almost lost him about 7 weeks before my wedding in July 2010 and he was supposed to help with the wedding decorations and flowers since he was a nursery man growing up and eventually owned his own flower shop during my childhood.  Even after his triple bypass and heart valve replacement, he still was with my friends and I with a smile on his face three weeks after his surgery as we put together the flowers for the wedding ceremony and reception.  It was a very scary moment right before one of the greatest days of my life.  I don't know if I could have followed through with the wedding at that time if I had lost him then.  

And now, he's strong and healthy again and he and my mother are helping to raise my amazing daughter.  They watch her nearly every day while my wife and I are working.  Seeing them with her and how much they love her, I can't imagine not having him around for her.
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'" -Jack Handy

sjn1117

why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

BXgreenhorn

Quotenirab - 5/15/2013  6:23 PM

My dad rocks.  :bigthumbs:

He has been condom free since 1966...hence my arrival in 1967...

Thanks pops!  :biggrin:

:lmao:  :lmao:

Vroomp

Received my prize from Amigodecigars today and I can't wait to try them although, I think I will since they took two weeks to get here......

Thanks a bunch John!

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.