Cigar Pass Packaging

Started by drexeltpd, 12/03/2008 07:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drexeltpd

In the last couple cigar passes that I've been in, the cigars were packaged well in a herf-a-dor or other sturdy box yet all or some of the cigars were damaged in some fashion.  The actual packaging isn't the problem as much as preventing the sticks from sliding around in the box.

To solve this problem I'd like to throw this idea out for trial in future passes.  Package the cigars in a ziplock bag with your humidification device(s) and seal it up getting as much air out of the bag as possible.  Next, roll the bag around itself and tape the bag so it looks like a 'roll' of cigars.  Package this in your typical padding (i.e. peanuts, bubble wrap, bubble pockets, etc.) within the box and seal up for shipping.

I think we can benefit from this in a couple ways, 1) the cigars are packed in a box and are well padded:bigthumbs:, 2) slidding and movement of the cigars is minimized to prevent damage :biggrin: and 3) we can save on the weight of the package to reduce shipping costs.  :dancing:

Does anyone have other similar ideas we can benefit from?

lowpro75

I was actually wondering about the best way to package passes.  I put mine in a cigar box and I think they were packed in pretty tight but there is potential for the cigars to slide around some.  I am open to new ideas.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

junglepete

That is exactly the way I always pack them. I also keep all old cellophanes and if I am sending a un-cellophaned cigar I put the condom on fist before sliding it in the box  :shy:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Bob Cordell

I've never noticed a damaged cigar that had a cello on it in any pass. Its always the nude ones that get beat up...  :confused:
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

BlackIrish

QuoteBob Cordell - 12/3/2008  10:19 AM

I've never noticed a damaged cigar that had a cello on it in any pass. Its always the nude ones that get beat up...  :confused:

Agreed.  I cello'd up the ones I put in.
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

Bob Cordell

Yeah, if you are active in passes just save a few cellos then when you have a cigar with no cello just put one of the ones you saved. Maybe save a few different sizes...toros, robustos, churchills, etc...
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

lowpro75

Guess I made a rookie mistake in my pass by not putting my cigars in cello.  Is putting in cello enough or is the ziplock bag method the better way to go?  Or ziplock bag with cello as well?
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

podman28

I think as long as you keep the celo on the cigar it will be fine.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.