Your worst cigar review

Started by bmac7754, 06/02/2013 09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wkgdyw

I agree that Gurkhas are generally overrated.  I've had half a dozen in the past decade, and every one had good points, but they all had disappointing aspects that spoiled it.  Too many great cigars out there for the same money.

s+j

Quotebmac7754 - 6/2/2013  9:36 PM

Thought I would have a little fun with this one.  Everyone talks about their awesome cigars, so I thought lets hear about your worst. For this take a look at your own cigar reviews, and tell us your lowest rated one. 

For me it's the Ron Mexico Churchill coming in with 1 star. 

Fonseca Arana. Nastiest smoke ever for me.

cmmayo

Tie:

La Estrella Cubana Cabinet Selection Belicosa: "I think this cigar may have actually been an attempt to infuse cigars with the aromas of turpentine and furniture polish."
Etiqueta Azul Churchill: "It tasted like that time I bit into a blue ballpoint Bic during class and ended up with a mouthful of ink...  Only worse."
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

Samhain2000

Back in July 2010 I reviewed a K. Hansotia Park Avenue Series 44 Toro, 2 stars. As is says in the review, I was working while I was smoking it, sat it down to check on something and forgot about it. The cherry died.

The next part I removed from the original review as some were upset by my decision. As an experiment I put it in a ziplock bag and relight it two weeks later, it didn't get any worse. My point was a crappy cigar was no worse after sitting for two weeks and then relight. I found this funny, some did not.
A cigar is like a gun, you never know when you'll need one.

nwb

QuoteSamhain2000 - 10/10/2014  4:23 AM

Back in July 2010 I reviewed a K. Hansotia Park Avenue Series 44 Toro, 2 stars. As is says in the review, I was working while I was smoking it, sat it down to check on something and forgot about it. The cherry died.

The next part I removed from the original review as some were upset by my decision. As an experiment I put it in a ziplock bag and relight it two weeks later, it didn't get any worse. My point was a crappy cigar was no worse after sitting for two weeks and then relight. I found this funny, some did not.

Different strokes.  I really enjoy that cigar with a cup of coffee in the morning. :confused:
Chief of Shaft

ebernabe

Worst one so far, is a Quorum Toro I smoked Friday night (12/26).  Very bitter flavor with a hint of socks at the end of a summer day.  I am glad I didn't pay for it.

Longhorn

Thanks for resurrecting this thread - reminded me to add my Dragon's Muck, eh, Milk review to the database.  :blech:

sar127

Fratello! Why oh why did I light you up AGAIN!! 
Sir Rob

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

sjn1117

why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

headfirst

Free Cuba, Arganese, and La Differencia Cubana.  All equally bad.
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

sar127

Quotesjn1117 - 12/29/2014  10:18 AM  Not a fan Rob?   :confused:  :biggrin:

No sir, to the point where I believe this is going to be my one and only post in this thread!! 

Sir Rob

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

MichaelS

Isla del Sol Toro - I liken that experience to smoking a pixie stick. Made the mistake of buying a second last year, tossed it off the porch within the first inch!
-------------
Yes, I'm a newbie, only been seriously burning sticks for a couple years. Your suggestions are appreciated!

1029henry

Many of the "cigars" mentioned in this thread are bargain bundle /house sticks from CI, Famous, Thompson, etc. What a surprise that dirt cheap sticks would taste like dirt. When most of us dove head first into this hobby, we filled our $30 humidors with $25/bundle cigars from the big online houses. Now I have a Moocher Tupperdor filled with these caca stix!!
"What a kid I got, I told him about the birds and the bees and he told me about the butcher and my wife"

"When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them"

"My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met"
-Rodney Dangerfield

ntanner

Quote1029henry - 3/28/2015  1:08 PM

Many of the "cigars" mentioned in this thread are bargain bundle /house sticks from CI, Famous, Thompson, etc. What a surprise that dirt cheap sticks would taste like dirt. When most of us dove head first into this hobby, we filled our $30 humidors with $25/bundle cigars from the big online houses. Now I have a Moocher Tupperdor filled with these caca stix!!
Funny how taste's change with time huh? The stuff I used to smoke 2 a day of I wont put in my humidor now.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

mpurtle01

Liga IV Almirante.  It was my first review.

NebNorse

Quote1029henry - 3/28/2015  2:08 PM

My worst one had a green TC band on it.  Need I say more.  :biggrin:
"I'll come back as soon as I can with as much as I can. In the meantime, you've got to hold!" - As spoken to General Wainright by General MacArthur in March of 1942

My Cigar smells better than YOUR FEEDLOT!

Jay'D

As a newbie I haven't smoked as much cigars as most of you guys in here have but I think i've smoked enough to know that Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Corona Grande is the worse for me so far. Was just dry and harsh and the burn was uneven, I'll leave the rest in the humi see if they get better with age....fingers crossed.
Last name Hungry first name Always

My hobby collection | http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Jay%27D

MacMac

Hi, One of my favorite infused cigars is the Drew Estates Tabak. I enjoy the coffee flavor of the cigar, but my wife doesn't like the smell of the smoke. She often sits w/ me on our porch while I smoke, but there a few cigars that she really doesn't like to smell off and this one seems to be the worst for her.
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.