Pinot Noir

Started by cibolodave, 06/05/2013 06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cibolodave

Hey guys, I am not a huge wine drinker but would love to buy a nice Pinot noir for my wife. Anyone have any suggestions in the 25 dollar range?

nkowal

Ironic, Ijust found one of my favorite Pinots tonight on sale for $21 (normally $28):

Clos du Val Pinot Noir - one of my favorites if you like American Pinots.

Handlera

Boxcar is a good value. Siluri also makes a very good Pinot in your price range.

Mojo66

Pinot noir Kenwood Russian River Valley (California) is a good quality for a very low price. There are many amazing Pinots from Oregon, Washington, California that I know of, and many other from more and more countries now. Even some from canada I've heard but I'd stay away from that :biggrin:  

As far as French Pinot Noir, the best are not from Bourgogne anymore. The french pinot noir that cannot be called Bourgogne (made out of the specific region) are often much better and always cheaper. One I like is the "Domaine Laroche De La Chevalière Pinot Noir". It's dirt cheap here, for a Pinot Noir that is, at about $17.00, and is impressive for that price range.

My $0.02

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

CrazyK

Belle Glos Clark & Telephone Vineyards is one of my hands down favourites when it comes to American Pinot Noir, though it is a bit on the expensive side when you can find it... Belle Glos has two others closer to your price range, the Meomi is around $20 and is great value, and their Las Alturas is wonderful at $30-35. If you want to go French, try the Côtes D'Auxerre 2009/10, Cuvée du Manoir, Domaine Goisot pinot noir - it is phenomenal and very affordable at $20.

If you want to get really fancy, try to find a Champagne Blanc de Noirs, which is white champagne made from pinot noir. It can be hard to find, but I think personally it is excellent!
CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

tvolball

Down here we like Mad Dog and Thunderbird. I personaly love the Boones Farm Strawberry Hill..... :dancing:
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

cibolodave

thanks for the recommendations everyone

nkowal

Quotecibolodave - 6/7/2013  7:48 AM

thanks for the recommendations everyone

Well, what did you pick? And how was it?

cibolodave

Went with the Meomi that CrazyK suggested. It was very awesome

FNA

"As far as French Pinot Noir, the best are not from Bourgogne anymore"  Heh, heh, heh - good one.  Who wants La Tache when VdP wines such as you recommend, made from grapes trucked in from anywhere in the Languedoc,  are available.

The best French Pinot Noirs are unquestionably still produced in the Bourgogne.

DogMan

QuoteFNA - 6/18/2013  9:59 AM  "As far as French Pinot Noir, the best are not from Bourgogne anymore"  Heh, heh, heh - good one.  Who wants La Tache when VdP wines such as you recommend, made from grapes trucked in from anywhere in the Languedoc,  are available.  The best French Pinot Noirs are unquestionably still produced in the Bourgogne.

So, I love good Burgundy, and it IS expensive, but I'm not really familiar with the pinot's made in other parts of France. Are they similar in style, or more extracted and darker, like a California Pinot?
Loren B Davis

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.