Sunday Afternoon Cigar

Started by Ken Kelley, 12/14/2008 04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Kelley

We had a warm front come in this morning so the temp made it up to 55 this afternoon.  I grabbed a Rocky Patel Edge maduro torpedo and the Sunday paper then wandered up the hill to my shop.  The maduro Edge was quite a bit better than the corojo version I smoked a few days ago. I had to touch it up a couple of times to get the burn even about half way through.  When I got down to about 3 inches I picked up a slight tart flavor for several puffs.  The tartness reminded me a little bit of the taste of sheep's sorrel.  The Edge maduro was a pleasant smoke but in my humble opinion it didn't live up to the advertising copy.
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

SenorPablo

I have to agree with you on the edge.  It didn't live up to it for me either.  The Decade is supposed to be better but I haven't had that one yet.
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Duker511

Ive noticed that a couple years ago when the RP Edge and Edge Lite were really popular people seemed to really like them. Now, over the last several months Ive been hearing alot of bad reviews for the whole line. Why is this? Could it be that they taste better young? Could it be that the hype has died down? Ive smoked a few and wasnt impressed. :confused:
Tim

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.