Is it just me?

Started by Newbhunter, 06/28/2013 05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newbhunter

Is it just me or do you all feel the same...
When smoking a good Maduro, the last 3rd is the best 3rd? I've experienced this with CAO's La Traviata and Bazilia Box Press and more recently with a Leon Jimenea Imperiales, that all just seem to get better the closer u get to the head...

sjn1117

the la traviata is one of my go to smokes. i have to agree they are best toward the nub, especially the robusto imo
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

Newbhunter

Haven't had the robusto yet, was buying a bunch of toros, Flor de Oliva, La Traviata etc... IMO CAO has a better tasting and better quality product thank a lot of those Cubans I've had... Maybe I just don't appreciate the Cuban product enough or maybe I'm just too much of an amateur! But the USA aint missing much when it comes to Cuba! Nicaraguans have become my favorite so far...

Ken Kelley

QuoteNewbhunter - 6/28/2013  8:41 AM

Is it just me or do you all feel the same...
When smoking a good Maduro, the last 3rd is the best 3rd? I've experienced this with CAO's La Traviata and Bazilia Box Press and more recently with a Leon Jimenea Imperiales, that all just seem to get better the closer u get to the head...

Well...it all depends...as you will find out when you smoke a greater variety of cigars. That's the fun of discovery. :biggrin:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

sjn1117

you should try the curivari gloria de leon, they are excellent cigars at a fairly decent price that come really close to the forbidden sticks
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

Newbhunter

If I can find em in Montreal I will give those Gloria de Leon's a go!

Mautrak

QuoteNewbhunter - 6/28/2013  6:47 PM

If I can find em in Montreal I will give those Gloria de Leon's a go!

And so it begins . . . .

Better get a bigger humidor now.

tvolball

I tend to find the middle 1/3 the best
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

Smurf

Maduro's rock, most of the time
orbis non sufficit

1sgjeffward

Just a thought but sounds a little like your pallet is starting to develop more towards the strong side. If your liking that stronger last 3rd on just about all your smokes you might want to try smoking some stronger cigars to see if they are more to your liking now.
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

cibolodave

Quotetvolball - 6/28/2013  8:10 PM

I tend to find the middle 1/3 the best

Love the middle third as well

Mojo66

Quote1sgjeffward - 6/29/2013  5:48 AM  Just a thought but sounds a little like your pallet is starting to develop more towards the strong side. If your liking that stronger last 3rd on just about all your smokes you might want to try smoking some stronger cigars to see if they are more to your liking now.

+1

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Newbhunter

I think u hit the button Jeff, I came back from Cuba with 91 cigars, yet they just sit in the humidor watching newer and stronger aquisitions fly out!

1sgjeffward

QuoteNewbhunter - 6/29/2013  7:35 AM

I think u hit the button Jeff, I came back from Cuba with 91 cigars, yet they just sit in the humidor watching newer and stronger aquisitions fly out!

It's pretty normal to gravitate to the stronger cigars over time. Cuban's are more about subtle flavors, lots of florals and light tastes and just may not be what your craving right now.
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

alpal

The last third can get a little hot and taste like ammonia sometimes, in my experience.
"You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happinesses." - Aldous Huxley

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.