Online Humidor - Previous Smokes

Started by Longhorn, 07/02/2013 01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenorPablo

Hi Folks.  Exporting Wish Lists and Previous Smokes doesn't seem like too bad of an ask.  Let me work on it.

Importing is just too tough as validating and trying to match whatever anyone might enter for a cigar name to whats in the DB (including whatever edits we may have made).  Would just be more frustrating to folks than useful I think.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

nwb

Paul, that export feature for previous smokes would be awesome.  Any thoughts given to being able to export a person's reviews - at least maybe the cigar and the star rating?
Chief of Shaft

hebron

:bump:

Any progress on this? I would love to be able to export my previous smokes and wishlist to Excel :-)
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

SenorPablo

Hey guys.  I had this in testing for awhile.  Just lost sight of moving it to production when the server crashed.  It is live now.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

nwb

That is very cool, Paul.

I noticed that when I export previous smokes, it doesn't reconcile.  As it shows on the site, I've got 1,400+ cigars in my previous smokes.  When I export, the total is right around 1,000.  Just a FYI.
Chief of Shaft

hebron

QuoteSenorPablo - 3/17/2014  3:12 PM

Hey guys.  I had this in testing for awhile.  Just lost sight of moving it to production when the server crashed.  It is live now.

-Paul
Hi Paul, just tried this and I am not really seeing any effect of the new buttons...
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

SenorPablo

Quotehebron - 3/17/2014  10:20 AM

QuoteSenorPablo - 3/17/2014  3:12 PM

-Paul
Hi Paul, just tried this and I am not really seeing any effect of the new buttons...

Not sure why you wouldn't see any affect from the change.  It is there.

-Paul

hebron

I see the new include check-boxes, but the xls file only contains items in my humidors. If I summarize the quantity field in the xls file I get 80, the same count I have in my current inventory.
- Thomas

sauraspop

When I export I get all my humis and previous smokes but I dont get the wish list.
Sammy - Semper Vigilis

Be carful what you wish for, You may get it! Ray Wylie Hubbard (Mother Blues)

As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake. ~ Cliffy ~

conditionZero

What I find is that it exports my current inventory and my previous smokes only, but the numbers don't add up to what they should, according to the online humidor. I don't get the wish list stuff at all.
--JOE--

I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink.  Joe E. Lewis

nwb

QuoteconditionZero - 3/17/2014  10:47 AM

What I find is that it exports my current inventory and my previous smokes only, but the numbers don't add up to what they should, according to the online humidor. I don't get the wish list stuff at all.

Same here, now that I've taken a closer look.
Chief of Shaft

SenorPablo

Hmmm...try again guys.  I just made another change.

-Paul

hebron

QuoteSenorPablo - 3/17/2014  6:24 PM

Hmmm...try again guys.  I just made another change.

-Paul
That did it! All the numbers are are a match between the xls and my humidor now. Thanks Paul, great job  :bigthumbs:
- Thomas

nwb

Worked for me as well.  Thanks Paul!
Chief of Shaft

SenorPablo

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.