Job Opening at the CIA

Started by Ken Kelley, 01/22/2009 08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Kelley

The CIA had a job opening for an assassin.  These highly sensitive positions are hard to fill and there is a lot of testing and background checks before an applicant can even be considered for the position.  The agency sent several applicants through the testing, background checks, and initial training before narrowing the possible choices down to two men and a woman.  Since only one position was available they had to come up with a discriminator to choose the best candidate.

The day of the final test finally arrived.  The CIA trainers took one of the men down a hallway to a metal door in the wall.  He handed the man a pistol and said, "We have to know that you will follow our instructions explicitly whatever the circumstances.  Inside that room you will find your wife sitting in a chair.  You must take this pistol and shoot her."

The man was horrified and protested, "You're nuts!  I could never shoot my wife!"

"Very well", said the trainer, "Then you are disqualified from the job."

Another trainer took the second man to the door, handed him a pistol, and gave him the same instructions to shoot his wife.  The man took the gun and entered the room.  All was quiet for about five minutes then the door opened.  The man stepped out of the room with tears in his eyes, "I tried to shoot her, I really did!  But I just couldn't pull the trigger .  I'm not the man you need for this job!"

That left the woman.  The trainers led her to the room and handed her the pistol.  A trainer said, "This is your final test.  We have to be sure that you will follow our instructions without hesitation no matter what.  Inside that room you will find your husband sitting in a chair.  You will use this pistol to shoot him."

The woman opened the door and walked into the room.  Before the door even closed all the way a shot rang out, followed by 13 more in rapid succession.  Then the trainers heard screaming, thrashing, and banging on the walls that went on for several minutes until all was quiet again.

The door slowly opened and the woman walked out covered with bruises and her clothing torn half off her body.  She glared at the trainers and said, "You sumunab*tches didn't tell me the gun was loaded with blanks!  I had to beat the worthless bastid to death with the chair!"

Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.