Seconds?

Started by shawneous, 01/24/2009 11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shawneous

I was wondering what sort of pass I could start and had an idea but didn't know how it would be received. What about a pass wherein I load up with name-brand seconds from CI and then everyone can get the seconds they've been interested in and can replace them with whatever they want (of comparable $$, so that's mostly bargain sticks). Most of the seconds go for $2-$3 a stick. Right now I've got the Perdomo ESV 91, Rocky Patel 1992 and Leon Jimenes seconds. If people are interested, I could get a few more types (maybe two more) and then send out maybe three of every type.

I just know that I'm super curious about seconds. I guess its the allure of getting $7-$10 sticks for $2-$3 apiece.

SenorPablo

I know that the few seconds i've had, I have not been able to tell the difference at all.  The RP 90 seconds are a great way to get them cheap.  I haven't had the RP 92 seconds yet, but i'm sure they're just as good as the real thing.  Usually they're seconds because of appearance.  The tobacco is the same.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

lowpro75

I think it is an interesting idea but perhaps too limiting.  I currently do not have any seconds in my humidor but have been curious to try them as well.  I did a search at CI and famous and could only find seconds RP , Perdomo, and Aurora.  The same at Famous.  Perhaps a more inclusive pass could include seconds and 2nd tier brands.  By 2nd tier brands I mean house brands, brands that are exclusive to local retailers or other brands that aren't that popular but are decent smokes.  That way you would have an overall theme that would help people choose plus people could get a smoke they've never tried before.  Just a suggestion.  You guys can decide whether it's good or not.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

Aequitas86

I agree on the too limiting thought. I love the idea, but unfortunately I dont have many seconds. I know I can get some at my local cigar shop, so I will see the variety that I can nab. Maybe expanding it to at "seconds or alternate" to widen the scope of cigars?
May you live as long as you want, and never want as long as you live.

Duker511

I think hes saying that the pass will be based on members taking a couple seconds out and putting whatever they want back, as long as its of equal $$. That way when it gets back to him, he has a nice variety of name brand smokes while we get to try some seconds that we havent tried. I think it would work fine as long as everyone knows to only take seconds and put whatever back. Its a different idea, Id be willing to join.
Tim

Aequitas86

Hmm. Guess I didn't wipe all the morning sleepyness out of my eyes.  Sorry for my confusion.

:biggrin:

I'd be willing to join. Sounds like a fun idea. It would be awesome to try some of those seconds before I bought a bunch.
May you live as long as you want, and never want as long as you live.

Windwalker

I have a bundle of the Perdomo ESV 91 seconds and have been enjoying them
very much. I would be very interested in being included in a pass like that.

I'm still pretty new to the site... are there stipulations for new members?
I noticed on my profile page I am not allowed to see other folks addresses
until I reach 100 points are there similar rules about the passes?

shawneous

QuoteDuker511 - 1/25/2009  8:34 AM

I think hes saying that the pass will be based on members taking a couple seconds out and putting whatever they want back, as long as its of equal $$. That way when it gets back to him, he has a nice variety of name brand smokes while we get to try some seconds that we havent tried. I think it would work fine as long as everyone knows to only take seconds and put whatever back. Its a different idea, Id be willing to join.

Precisely. to give everyone a chance to try the seconds and everyone just put back in whatever they want. Or they could take two $2 sticks and put one back worth $4 if they want, etc.

BlackIrish

Sure, why not?  I don't have much in the way of seconds, but I'm up for anything.
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

shawneous

Okay, thanks guys. When I do it I will clarify that people do NOT need to put back in seconds, the pass is for people interested in receiving name brand seconds. I don't care what I get back if it's comparable in purchase price.

Anyways, I still need to get several more seconds and I've never even participated in a pass. So I'll wait until the hi-low pass that I'm part of happens and a few of the passes finish (we've got four open now, which to me seems a bit much). Meanwhile I'll accumulate some more seconds.

mattmancool34

i would love to be in this pass i always wanted to try some seconds and compare but cant ever get a single one

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.