New Blind Pass

Started by lowpro75, 02/02/2009 08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lowpro75

I'm thinking of starting another blind pass as my current pass is on its way home.  One of the things that I think would be good to add is a price rounded to the nearest dollar so it will be easy to trade value for value.  I'm struggling a bit on the theme and welcome suggestions.  I think I would like to do a hidden gems type theme, cigars that are good but are not among the most reviewed here.  Another thought I had was 4 stars and up.  Anything that has been reviewed here and is 4 stars and up is fair game for the pass.  That is 1,039 cigars on my most recent search.  Anyone interested in either theme or have any other suggestions?  

P.S. Do to the poor packaging of my last pass I lost a few good cigars.  But rest assure, I just ordered a Cigar Caddy 3540- 15 Cigars Outdoor Travel Humidor - here is the marketing:

The Cigar Caddy is like a Tonka Truck for your cigars. It is made of fiber-glass reinforced ABS resin that is virtually indestructible.

Go ahead, jump on it, stomp on it, throw it at the bounty hunter after you. I dare you. But even if you do break it, which you won't, but if you do, send it back, it has a lifetime warranty.

Oh yeah, it is also waterproof up to 100 feet. Cause you know we all love to smoke a fine cigar while in scuba gear.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

BlackIrish

I like blind passes, but it's hard to do it dollar for dollar.  You could tell everyone to put in one excellent cigar, one above average cigar, and one average cigar, but that doesn't really solve the problem because someone might pull three average cigars from the box when it comes to them.

An alternative is a kind of "round robin" pass.   Geek 1 sends a blind package of 3 or 5 cigars to Geek 2.  Upon receiving the package from Geek 1  (or even better, the sending could be done all at once, to speed things up), Geek 2 sends out his own blind selection of 3-5 cigars to Geek 3, and then begins to smoke and try to guess the 3-5 cigars from Geek 1.  Geek 3, meanwhile, sends cigars to Geek 4, and so forth, with the last Geek sending to Geek 1.  The benefits of this are (1) it's quicker, because you don't have to wait for the box to arrive, and (2) everyone gets 3-5 sticks that range over the spectrum.

(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

lowpro75

I think having a dollar value could give everyone an approximation that they are trading value for value.  I wouldn't be a stickler about it but it would give you an indication that you were taking out 10 buck worth of cigars and puting back 3.  So just a guideline rounded to the nearest dollar because getting into change would be to much.  

The round robin idea you had is a great one.  That would really work well.  I don't want to steal your idea but I would be willing to moderate that unless you want to.  I defer to you.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

podman28

I would be involved in any format you decide to set up. I enjoyed the last one.

mattmancool34

i would like to be added because i think its a good idea for blind passes

texlewee

Anything I can do to support the blind!! :biggrin:
" The only thing better than a good cigar is ANOTHER good cigar. "

" What a pleasant stain comes from an enemy's blood.  "

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=texlewee

BlackIrish

I'll put together the round robin.  I think it would be fun.  Just want to think about the logistics a bit.  Keep an eye out for it!
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

lowpro75

Great, looking forward to it.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

BlackIrish

Ok, I set it up.  Now accepting applications.  Operators are standing by.
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.