CAO Lx2 Robusto

Started by cmsevert, 02/20/2009 09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmsevert

So, I'm new here and decided to post a couple of quick reviews of todays smokes, including the CAO Lx2 Robusto I just got done smoking.  I decided to also throw it in here to let everyone know what I smoked tonight and what I thought of it.  Well here it is guys:

I'm writing this review as I am smoking this baby and I am less than an inch into it and have a buzz already...  Nice draw on prelight.  Construction in very nice, oily wrap.  Presentation is very nice, double black band on a dark wrapper.  It started out very spicy and full bodied, once my palate got used to the spice it started to get a little creamy (about an inch through).  Lots of pleasant smoke, resting smoke is very little.  Nice even burn so far. Picking up scent of leather.  Finish leaves my tongue a little numb with a not-so-unpleasant burn in the back of the throat and a lasting film over the palate with a slight taste of cocoa.  Ash is firm and held for about and inch, knocked it off early because I didn't want it falling on my laptop.  I'm at about the first band now and it seems to be getting a bit sweet, the spice mellowed a bit but the numbness in the mouth is still there.  

...Ok, just got done smoking and set it down.  Smoked it till my fingers were burning, I didn't want to put it down!  The flavor didn't really change much overall, but either got a little mellow toward the end or my tongue was roasted and I didn't really notice how strong it was.  Great smoke, will buy some more for sure.  One thing to remember, make this the LAST smoke of the day.  After this thing my mouth is a little raw and I don't think I can taste anything else tonight.  5 STAR

Hot Stuff x

Thanks for the thoruough and interesting review.  I haven't tried the Lx2, sounds like a pretty stout smoke.  

Nice to know you enjoyed it.

LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

Duker511

Great review, keep them coming!!!
Tim

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.