Another new guy from Florida

Started by ljlemer, 08/21/2007 07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PA.pierced2010

Quoteljlemer - 9/19/2007  2:58 AM

I wasn't sure whether to measure reaching one month of membership on the 19th or 20th. I joined last 20th. This website has answered that question for me. I'm officially a "regular" now.
You've come a long way baby!  :lmao:
"The difference between a man and his valet: they both smoke the same cigars, but only one pays for them"
Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

consti

-Justin

Shukpaw

QuoteNES Tek - 9/9/2010  3:11 PM

At first I thought this was a joke, then realized it was the real posting, just with a new hello. Damn, I felt lost.

Me too. I look at the avitar pictures to see who posted.  So my first thought was why is a new guy using Larry's picture.
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

Beegerply

:lmao:  :lmao:  been on vaction was going to welocome some new guy
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

kennyg

Quoteljlemer - 8/21/2007  8:35 PM

Hi, I'm Larry from West Palm, I'm 56 and went back to smoking cigars and pipes last year after having quit for 23 years. Since the main reason I quit, namely cigarettes, are no longer part of my smoking, I look forward to enjoying the lifestyle I enjoyed for 20 years before I stopped without coughing all day. So far so good. Sadly, my favorite cigars, Royal Jamaican and Rio Minho, did not survive a major hurricane during my absence. I was hoping they might recover, but they just got clobbered again.

I already wrote some cigar reviews. I still am not fluent in cigar language. All those words that are used to describe cigar favors mean nothing to me and I can't figure out how concepts so nebulous as woodsy can ever be explained properly unless two smokers are comparing the same cigar in person. Therefore my reviews dispense with terms I can't fathom....yet.

Anyway, pleased to meet you all!

Hi Larry, welcome. Taste in cigars is like looking at art, while drinking...... some people see things that others say was never in the paintings, while others agree with what is seen. If you enjoy smoking cigars, who cares if you taste all the nuances ? it's about you and the pleasure you get from the smokes.

One thought, you can try pairing some drinks with the smokes. I find coffee and Ice Teas work well. Also, a rum and coke  !
KennyG : )

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.