Cigars for Troops - 2013 Completed (Now with Feedback)

Started by nwb, 08/08/2013 07:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StogieDad

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

mairey

Will ship some out this week or Monday the latest will pm.

nwb

Updated list:

Biggsy16 – En route
BlackIrish
Brlesq
cavenbk
chief791
Cfickter
cibolodave
cigarzinn
CrazyK
DonM
freakydeakydutchman
gitfiddl
grabow66
Jackal
Joelala
jumberlack1
junglepete
kxthor911
KmanNoob – En route
Longhorn
Lubrix
lukin
mairey
mike.casey
MT21
ntanner
pyro92
ratboy
Rbrushaber
SenorPablo
sjn1117
Smurf
StogieDad
toby2
Ted
ThinBlueLine
tvolball
Vroomp
Zac
bmac7754 – Received
DogMan – Received
Ntxsage – Received
Chief of Shaft

PETE314

I am in....I will bring it up at my Cigar Club Meeting next week and see if I can get a good response....So it may be a couple weeks til I send off.
I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken....

What good is it to wear your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????

CrazyK

Just sent off mine to you Nate! Thanks for organizing this!
CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

Smurf

I will send mine off to you around the end of the month when i'm in NC.. I will keep you posted
orbis non sufficit

nwb

Started the virtual humidor:

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=nwb

Updated list:

Biggsy16 – En route
BlackIrish
Brlesq
cavenbk
chief791
Cfickter
cibolodave
cigarzinn
CrazyK - En Route
DonM
freakydeakydutchman
gitfiddl
grabow66
Jackal
Joelala
jumberlack1
junglepete
kxthor911
KmanNoob – En route
Longhorn
Lubrix
lukin
mairey
mike.casey
MT21
ntanner
PETE314
pyro92
ratboy
Rbrushaber
SenorPablo
sjn1117
Smurf
StogieDad
toby2
Ted
ThinBlueLine
tvolball
Vroomp
Zac
bmac7754 – Received
DogMan – Received
Ntxsage – Received
Chief of Shaft

nwb

These arrived today, courtesy of KmanNoob via Cigarstix.  That brings our total to 212 - thanks!
Chief of Shaft

Ntxsage

Wow Kerry!  You're alright in my book! VERY generous gift to the troops. :bigthumbs:
Did you know Stuart Scott almost made the Scripps National Spelling Bee as a child? Then the judges asked for skiing, but he only had one I. - acr

1sgjeffward

I'm in again Nate and will help with some shipping costs again this year as well. I have some plastic cutters down at the cabin that work really well next time I run down I will grab em and include those as well.
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

Kman

QuoteNtxsage - 8/14/2013  9:44 PM  Wow Kerry!  You're alright in my book! VERY generous gift to the troops. :bigthumbs:

Thanks Michael. It's an honor and privilege to not only give something to those who serve but also to share the hospitality and generosity of the great people I've met here.  

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

Rbrushaber

Nate..you should have a shipment from Thompson arriving at your address next week...was ground and ordered a few minutes ago...since you live in GA it should be there pretty fast.  Thanks again for organizing this for the troops...
Roger
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Rbrushaber

"Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and courage of free me and women.  It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have."  Ronald Reagan
This quote is as true today as it was when I first heard it in the 1980s and joined the USAF...

StogieDad

Got 25 cigars boxed up, dropping em at the post office tomorrow at lunch.  Thanks for arranging this for us!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Jackal

I need to do some humidor maintenance this weekend.  Be a perfect time to pull some sticks for this.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

jeffk42

On its way shortly.  I'll PM you with the tracking number when I have it.

CigarStix

I'm in! Also sending a box donated by Freakydeakydutchman!!!
"I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time."  . . . Mark Twain

Brad Bortz, Owner
Cigar Stix
Specializing in Premium Boutique Cigars
www.CigarStix.com
TWITTER: @CigarStix
FACEBOOK: CigarStix

tvolball

Nathan, I have a bundle of Gran Habano Vintage 2002 Churchill heading your way from CI for the troops. You should see it next week sometime. I will get an estimated delivery date when it ships.

"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

Rbrushaber

Nate, UPS tracking number 1Z596F8VYW33337111 for the drop ship to your address and it says early drop sat.
Roger
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Rbrushaber

"Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and courage of free me and women.  It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have."  Ronald Reagan
This quote is as true today as it was when I first heard it in the 1980s and joined the USAF...

nirab

rounding up my collection this weekend, with some donations from some fellow geeks around here. :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

nwb

Quotemike.casey - 8/10/2013  10:22 PM
Nate,

I didn't see my name on the list. I'm also going to randomly draw one geek that donates to send a premium 5er, so everybody get your donation on!

Just saw this.  That is very generous and a great way to generate interest.  Thanks!
Chief of Shaft

nwb

Updated list:

1sgjeffward
Biggsy16 – En route
BlackIrish
Brlesq
cavenbk
chief791
Cfickter
Cibolodave
 CigarStix – En Route
cigarzinn
CrazyK - En Route
DonM
freakydeakydutchman – En Route
gitfiddl
grabow66
Jackal
jeffk42
Joelala
jumberlack1
junglepete
kxthor911
Longhorn
Lubrix
lukin
mairey
mike.casey
MT21
nirab
ntanner
PETE314
pyro92
ratboy
Rbrushaber – En Route
SenorPablo
sjn1117
Smurf
StogieDad
toby2
Ted
ThinBlueLine
tvolball – En Route
Vroomp
Zac
bmac7754 – Received
DogMan – Received
KmanNoob – Received  
Ntxsage – Received
Chief of Shaft

CigarStix

CigarStix and Freakydeakydutchman cigars shipped today!

Thanks for allowing our participation.

Brad
"I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time."  . . . Mark Twain

Brad Bortz, Owner
Cigar Stix
Specializing in Premium Boutique Cigars
www.CigarStix.com
TWITTER: @CigarStix
FACEBOOK: CigarStix

StogieDad

USPS 9114901123086099535604

Should be there tomorrow buddy!
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

Ted

nwb

Three more donations rolled in today.  Thanks go out to Biggsy16, CrazyK, and StogieDad!
Chief of Shaft

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.