Watch your P and Q's!

Started by gitfiddl, 05/17/2014 04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitfiddl

Is there still a Tinder Box in your neck o' the woods that still sells basket pipes?
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

StogieDad

Quotegitfiddl - 8/8/2014  5:58 PM

Is there still a Tinder Box in your neck o' the woods that still sells basket pipes?

Yep.  I think that is where that one came from.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

CrazyK

I was getting worries that it would never make it to me! Can you transition the pass to me so I can fill in my puts and takes? I'll have my end out on Monday.
CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

gitfiddl

QuoteCrazyK - 8/9/2014  9:02 AM

I was getting worries that it would never make it to me! Can you transition the pass to me so I can fill in my puts and takes? I'll have my end out on Monday.

Will do.
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

CrazyK

Sorry it took so long, Dave! I'll have them out tomorrow.
CrazyK
Simia demulcta mitis

gitfiddl

QuoteCrazyK - 8/11/2014  10:03 PM

Sorry it took so long, Dave! I'll have them out tomorrow.

No worries, mate!

CrazyK

I forgot to mention that I just moved this past weekend. If you sent my takes already, no big deal, if not you can send them to the new address in my profile. Thanks!
CrazyK
Simia demulcta mitis

bmac7754

It's awfuwy qwuiet awound here
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

gitfiddl

Karl, my end of the pass is headed your way, finally!  Let me know when it gets there.

I had a few issues like our bank account getting hacked.  I couldn't bring myself to tell Diana I needed to mail off a package when we were cleaning out the freezer and pantry for food. Luckily, I'd frozen enough pork and chicken in the deep freeze and had plenty of charcoal.  I went to the bank to try to straighten everything out and was informed that my drivers license was expired.  Great, that's another $48/$15 delinquency fee I didn't have.  And then we couldn't find my birth certificate, which meant another $24 to the great state of North Carolina...

I cancelled my debit card and our credit union has been phenomenal in helping us resolve this issue.  They've credited me back all the overdraft charges ($30/pop) and their fraud department has managed to recover all but about $200 or so.

bmac7754

Good to see the majority of your money has been returned and the bank is helping you out.  I can't imagine this happening to me, I would be out hunting the D-bag down.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

gitfiddl

Quotebmac7754 - 9/13/2014  1:33 PM

Good to see the majority of your money has been returned and the bank is helping you out.  I can't imagine this happening to me, I would be out hunting the D-bag down.

It was an eye-opening experience for sure.  Without getting into too much more detail, we've got various retirement-type accounts, so it wasn't like we were dead broke, but I didn't want to have to pay the penalties for a loan/withdrawal.  And since I'm not gigging anymore, discretionary/extemporaneous cash flow is non-existent.  Suffice it to say that account numbers and whatnot have been changed.  

I'd still like to know why it only cost Karl $2.95 CAN to mail his to me and it cost me $8.80 US to mail mine to him...

nwb

Sorry to hear about that, Dave.  Glad it sounds like things are getting straightened out.
Chief of Shaft

gitfiddl

Karl got his end today, so this one is done.  Thanks to everyone for playing.

bmac7754

Quotegitfiddl - 9/26/2014  8:24 PM  Karl got his end today, so this one is done.  Thanks to everyone for playing.

Thanks Dave for a great Pass.  Well done.

cigarzinn

Thanks for setting the pass up!  It was fun!

gitfiddl

I think I posted feedback for everyone.  If I missed someone, let me know.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.