TAT TAA 2013 Box splits

Started by Ntxsage, 11/11/2013 03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Burn Ward

QuoteThinBlueLine - 11/22/2013  1:21 PM

I know this is not Michael's fault but I took the Tats out of the plastic and all five have cracks and splits throughout the sticks. Anybody else experience that?

The wrapper seems to be very fragile on these cigars.

nwb

QuoteThinBlueLine - 11/22/2013  1:21 PM

I know this is not Michael's fault but I took the Tats out of the plastic and all five have cracks and splits throughout the sticks. Anybody else experience that?

Let Michael know and I'm sure he can get them replaced.
Chief of Shaft

Ntxsage

Scott I should be able to get those replaced no problem. Send them back and I'll swap them at bm. I didnt notice any split wrappers when packing...a couple with minor flaking on the foot was about it.
Did you know Stuart Scott almost made the Scripps National Spelling Bee as a child? Then the judges asked for skiing, but he only had one I. - acr

ThinBlueLine

Okay great thanks mike I appreciate that.  Sorry for the bother
I enjoy romantic walks to my humidors...

Ntxsage

QuoteThinBlueLine - 11/22/2013  2:18 PM

Okay great thanks mike I appreciate that.  Sorry for the bother

Were any of the other cigars damaged or only the tats? If you don't mind, could u post a pic so I can know whether this was shipping damage or something else?
Did you know Stuart Scott almost made the Scripps National Spelling Bee as a child? Then the judges asked for skiing, but he only had one I. - acr

ThinBlueLine

No other cigars just the tats. And yes I will but will be a while I'm working now.

ThinBlueLine

Ntxsage

Wow that's pretty bad. I should have no problem getting those swapped out at the b&m.

Anyone else has this kind of damage let me know.

ThinBlueLine

Thanks mike I will get you a dc # shortly

mpurtle01

This makes me nervous.  This has happened to me quite a bit with overseas shipping.  I think it's a temp/ humidity issue.

Ntxsage

Quotempurtle01 - 11/23/2013  8:02 AM

This makes me nervous.  This has happened to me quite a bit with overseas shipping.  I think it's a temp/ humidity issue.

I'm pretty sure it's a temp humidity issue as well. I should've taken more time with it and made sure everyone was shipped with a humidity pack, but I had 19 boxes to ship and didn't want to eat that much in media costs. Lesson learned though. Next time I run a split I'm going to factor in additional shipping costs and include the proper media.

Smurf

yikes... they do look dried out.. that sucks.
orbis non sufficit

JRODZILLA

Any of these still available?

mpurtle01

Well...they came in.  Damn dude!   Embarrassingly enough to say, I have now been bombed by this guy twice in a row with no recourse....   Hmm....    Well, this is what I got!   Crazy!  

On a side note, only 1 with a real crack but all above the band.   2 others with some tiny cracks.   WHEW!   Nothing I can't repair myself..   Thanks brother!  Can't wait to get into them!

Ntxsage

Glad they made it Matt.

Jrod, horse already left the barn on this one.

jumberlack1

I got my "five" in today. This makes two days in a row that when I go to visit the mailroom, all that I can find is a smoldering crater!
Thanks Mike for the split, and thank you again for the incredible bomb that came with!
Making bad decisions a profession!

Ntxsage

ok guys this is almost done. Scott's replacement sticks should take flight no later than Friday  and that will be a wrap. Thank you to everyone who participated. If I missed anyone's feedback shoot me a pm.

wescat

QuoteNtxsage - 11/21/2013  6:08 PM

Quotewescat - 11/21/2013  7:26 AM

I got mine, safe and sound. lapyap sent, all feedback left.

And Ntxsage included a huge bomb of rare and hard to find sticks. Way over the top. WOW.

Thank you very much Michael, very well done. Please let me know any time you are doing a box split.

Kev I had a cool note for your box,  but got in a rush trying to meet the post office last pickup and left the note out. Glad u enjoy. After that was in too big a hurry and no more notes. Hope it didn't seem too impersonal with sticks just showing up.

You just go'head and be that kinda impersonal ever time the hanker'n hits you, Michael................I'll suffer through, best I can.    :biggrin:
The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

Ntxsage

LawDaddy

Quotewescat - 12/5/2013  10:12 AM

QuoteNtxsage - 11/21/2013  6:08 PM

Quotewescat - 11/21/2013  7:26 AM

I got mine, safe and sound. lapyap sent, all feedback left.

And Ntxsage included a huge bomb of rare and hard to find sticks. Way over the top. WOW.

Thank you very much Michael, very well done. Please let me know any time you are doing a box split.

Kev I had a cool note for your box,  but got in a rush trying to meet the post office last pickup and left the note out. Glad u enjoy. After that was in too big a hurry and no more notes. Hope it didn't seem too impersonal with sticks just showing up.

You just go'head and be that kinda impersonal ever time the hanker'n hits you, Michael................I'll suffer through, best I can.    :biggrin:

X2

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.