FINAL: Cigars for Geeks, Toys for Tots! (Thanks to McBryde and Kman!)

Started by Longhorn, 11/26/2013 11:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kman

QuoteLawDaddy - 11/26/2013  4:49 PM  
QuoteKmanNoob - 11/26/2013  2:14 PM  

$100

Also, I for one would like to contribute even if I don't win. Is there some way we can facilitate this as well?

http://toysfortots.org/donate/

Thanks but I was looking at the idea that maybe more would want to kick in regardless of outcome and donate together as group, like the Cigars for Troops idea.

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

Jackal

QuoteMojo66 - 11/26/2013  1:39 PM

$150.00 Canadian  :biggrin:

What is that $140 USD plus a moose?

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

toby2

Longhorn

QuoteKmanNoob - 11/26/2013  5:19 PM

...I was looking at the idea that maybe more would want to kick in regardless of outcome and donate together as group, like the Cigars for Troops idea...

Happy to coordinate this once this closes down next weekend.  If anyone else want to contribute, feel free to post on this thread or PM me.  Very generous, Kerry!   :thumbsup:

Mojo66

QuoteJackal - 11/26/2013  5:20 PM  
QuoteMojo66 - 11/26/2013  1:39 PM  $150.00 Canadian  :biggrin:
What is that $140 USD plus a moose?

That, and a poutine  :biggrin:

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Ted

sticks2Ash

Now were getting somewhere! This is awesome..... And we have plenty of time to show pics of the added items and watch the bids move as well!
BOTL - is the power to give!
Brad - anyway we can also tie in a way to your PayPal acct to allow BOTL to donate if they wanted? Just a thought....
I have 2 kids myself so I know while a little can go a long way, allot can reach no end to blessing a family in need!
This is awesome guys! Brad I'm adding more to my box. I may not get it shipped till the first of the week so I'll update an add a pic of what's being added to the lot!
Please excuse my Bipolar.........

Longhorn

Thanks, Scott.  I'll can add your picture to the original post when ready.  My LapYap information will be sent to anyone who wants to chip in... so far I have Kerry!

sticks2Ash

QuoteLonghorn - 11/26/2013  5:16 PM

Thanks, Scott.  I'll can add your picture to the original post when ready.  My LapYap information will be sent to anyone who wants to chip in... so far I have Kerry!

Sounds good!
Guys, so far I'm adding a Gander MTN hat and shirt combo like what I sent Brad ( $25 ) a tactical flashlight ($20) a Buck pocketknife ($30) and a Gander MTN Beer holder ($5)
So $80 in swag plus whatever else makes it into the box!
Please excuse my Bipolar.........

McBryde

"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

StogieDad

Brad, PM me ur account info.  Been too active buying lately so this is gonna get too rich for me, but I wanna send a little along to help the cause.  No kid should miss out on Christmas.  God bless you guys for doing such a wonderful thing.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

tvolball

Dang I bid $75 yesterday afternoon and I look this morning and its at 2 bills. Nice! A little more then I can come up with but very nice indeed.
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

Longhorn

Sticks2Ash is adding a few items to sweeten the deal... Thanks to all who have been bidding!

The SWAG:

[li]Gander Mountain Hat and Shirt (XL)
[li]Buck Double Blade Pocket Knife
[li]Tactile Micro LED Flashlight
[li]Gander Mountain Beer Holder

nwb

Fantastic idea and great cause.  Thank you guys for doing this!
Chief of Shaft

Machine646

The bids are out of my price range,but would like to donate what I can for the kids.I def feel for them.Please pm me how to go about this thanks.

Longhorn

Once the funds are collected, they will be sent to SeƱor Pablo so the donation can be made on behalf of the Cigar Geeks community.

In addition to Mpurtle01's current high bid, these Geeks have offered additional contributions to support Toys for Tots!
[li]KmanNoob
[li]StogieDad
[li] Machine646
[li] Vroomp

Thank you!

Future updates will be made to the original post!

mpurtle01

$205. I can't imagine my kids not having presents for Christmas.

Longhorn

Quotempurtle01 - 11/27/2013  1:45 PM

$205. I can't imagine my kids not having presents for Christmas.

Awesome!

kxthor911

Hello my name is Nick and I just bought a box of... (courtesy of Stephen and Rob(serious cigars))

Yes its fast, no you cant drive it.

Longhorn

Quotekxthor911 - 11/27/2013  1:58 PM

To the winning bidder I will send a fiver.

Thanks, Nick!

If you'll send me a picture, I'll add it to the prizes on the original post!

cavenbk

Brad, I would like to donate as well. Won't be much as things are a little tight, but I would like to do it. I mean it's for the kids right?!
You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Longhorn

Original post updated with additional cigar donations! Thanks, Nick!

kxthor911

Most welcome sir, I'm happy to help. Come on folks lets get a little more dough flowing...Cheers brothers
Hello my name is Nick and I just bought a box of... (courtesy of Stephen and Rob(serious cigars))

Yes its fast, no you cant drive it.

Longhorn

Current high bid for the large cigar collection and SWAG: $205 from Mpurtle01

These Geeks have offered additional contributions to support Toys for Tots! Thank you!
KmanNoob
StogieDad
Machine646
Vroomp
cavenbk

Geeks offering a contribution to this cause will be entered into a drawing for a five pack of high end cigars.
One entry for every $5 in contributions.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.