What's your preferred humidity?

Started by ThinBlueLine, 12/06/2013 08:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your preferred humidity?

60%
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 46

ThinBlueLine

Looking to get an idea what the preferred humidity range is...getting a new tower shortly and will condense both of my other humidors.  I currently keep them between 62% and 65% but recently I have been having some burn/flavor issues I think caused by humidity.  Thanks
I enjoy romantic walks to my humidors...

Mautrak

I generally keep mine about 68 ish.  But I'm not militant about it.  It may go up a point or two, or down a point or two.  But that's my goal.

nirab

As long as I am in the 60%-68% range, I am fine. I never worry about any slight variances. And as of today, all my cigars smoke just fine!

BTW...My Boveda packs offer me this simple, cost effective, peace of mind!!  :biggrin:  :shy:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Ken Kelley

Isn't this horse dead yet? 65% is the best compromise.  :biggrin:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

johncw

I try to keep it right around 65%. I figure I'm safest there.

LawDaddy

I prefer 63%, because that is what my humidor currently wants to do and I am tired of arguing with it.  Will be getting 65% Boveda packs at some point, maybe it will listen then.

ThinBlueLine

If this was discussed prior to me joining I apologize as Ken so nicely pointed out
I enjoy romantic walks to my humidors...

Ken Kelley

QuoteThinBlueLine - 12/5/2013  11:43 PM

If this was discussed prior to me joining I apologize as Ken so nicely pointed out

Actually, that WAS pretty nice...for me!  :biggrin:

Don't get me wrong here. Questions about cigars are always welcome here on the forum and you will always get an answer...even if that answer sometimes comes with a few add-ons. Don't get upset about it because none of us mean any harm at all. However, if you get into the cello on or off thing you might get a few more pointed add-on comments from various and sundy commentors!  :biggrin:

sjn1117

:lmao:  :lmao:   65 is where I like mine
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

nwb

63%, but I don't mind if it gets to 65%.
Chief of Shaft

StogieDad

QuoteKen Kelley - 12/6/2013  11:48 AM

Don't get me wrong here. Questions about cigars are always welcome here on the forum and you will always get an answer...even if that answer sometimes comes with a few add-ons. Don't get upset about it because none of us mean any harm at all. However, if you get into the cello on or off thing you might get a few more pointed add-on comments from various and sundy commentors!  :biggrin:

So while we are on the subject, do you store yours with or without cello??? :biggrin:
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

toby2

62-65 the dark wrappers burn better for me in that range

lane1man

I keep mine at 65 but I don't freak out if it's not exactly 65 it ranges from about 63 in the winter to 67 in the summer. I'm using 65% heartfelt beads and I love em.

Ken Kelley

QuoteStogieDad - 12/6/2013  12:24 AM

So while we are on the subject, do you store yours with or without cello??? :biggrin:

I just wrap mine with a layer of aluminum foil sealed with a little epoxy and hope for the best!  :biggrin:

gitfiddl

I don't alway prefer mine bewtween 65 and 69%, but when I do I prefer them somewhere between 65 and 69%, so I picked 68%.

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Newbhunter

QuoteKen Kelley - 12/11/2013  12:22 PM

QuoteStogieDad - 12/6/2013  12:24 AM

I just wrap mine with a layer of aluminum foil sealed with a little epoxy and hope for the best!  :biggrin:

:lmao:

Rebecca Silverwolf

Anywhere between 65 and 69 seems to work well for me. Around 67 is my goal.
"Well, we may not have parted on the best of terms. I realize certain words were exchanged. Also certain... bullets."

"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

-Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Mojo66

I like my CCs at 68-70 but my NCs from 65 to 67 but I am OC  :biggrin:
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Longhorn

My personal humidity is nunya!

For cigars I like 65%

metalhead y cigarguy

I like my cigars around 67-68%, but my tupperdor usually stays around 68% so that's the option I voted for.  The cigars just seem to smoke better at 67-68%, at least in my opinion they do.
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

Cigary

Not all cigars thrive in one set RH...some do well at 65 while others actually are better at 70.  Our experience teaches us at what RH they smoke best...67 is a good average for me.

Cfickter

65% is my sweet spot, I don't get to worried with minor seasonal fluctuations but stay with in 2 deg
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Caveman Steve

Quotegitfiddl - 12/11/2013  12:58 PM  I don't alway prefer mine bewtween 65 and 69%, but when I do I prefer them somewhere between 65 and 69%, so I picked 68%.    

Very "Interesting"

"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

nkowal

New poll: what kind of epoxy do you guys use?  :biggrin:

65% is a good balance for me.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.