Humidor Value Contest

Started by lowpro75, 05/17/2009 08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nukbucko

almost time  :cigarman: good luck all
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."  -Some Dude I don't Know

junglepete

Yeah....I am still working on the final figure
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

nukbucko

Hurry Pete Dont miss out
Wait do you have inside INFO :?:
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."  -Some Dude I don't Know

junglepete

Okay...my guess is $570.

Even though I think it is closer to $600 I am only going a buck over Eddie's bid. I did spend a fair bit of time adding them all up and there is more than meets the eye in that bunch. I think a lazy shopper could have easily spent 675 Plus on that lot.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

junglepete

I think Lowpro went o bed and is going to leave us hanging until the morning  :cry:
Guru of Frugality

Bob Cordell

He did say he was half in the bag...

:beer:
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

Hot Stuff x

Time is up, but he said he would announce the winner tuesday morning, so we'll have to wait.

Edit:  I'm assuming he  meant 11 PM eastern time, since he is in PA.

LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

mhuss

QuoteBob Cordell - 5/19/2009  12:02 AM

He did say he was half in the bag...

:beer:

What else is new on this site this time of night!  Look out, I'm drinking a few myself this evening after work! :singing:

lowpro75

My calculated value was 638 dollars.  Which I believe would make JunglePete the winner!  Can someone verify that just to make sure I didn't miss someone's guess?  Most people came in really low, which made me thing some people never got to page 2 or you guys think I'm some sort of cigar shopping genius.    :biggrin:
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

BlackIrish

Quotejunglepete - 5/18/2009  11:58 PM

Okay...my guess is $570.

Even though I think it is closer to $600 I am only going a buck over Eddie's bid. I did spend a fair bit of time adding them all up and there is more than meets the eye in that bunch. I think a lazy shopper could have easily spent 675 Plus on that lot.

Yeah, I figured it was north of $600 but applied some discounts. The CCs make it tricky. Congratulations!
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

Hot Stuff x

Rich said closest without going over, so I underbid a bit on purpose.  Still, I figure he got some deals on the more expensive sticks in the box (such as Ashton ESG and FFOX) so I deliberatly undervalued those. 

Congrats Pete on the win!  Maybe you should look into a career as a claims adjuster for cigar losses :biggrin:

LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

lowpro75

Congrats Pete.   :cheer: Let me know how to get you your prize.  I know sometimes you have issues getting packages being in Canada.  

A couple of things.  I figured someone would have just taken 5 dollars a stick and multiplied it by 138 and came up with a value that would have been 52 buck higher, that would have been the winner in this case.  Pete's bid was 58 dollars off.  I never said you couldn't go over, just in the event of a tie the winner would be the under.  So if someone guessed 640 and 636, the 636 would be the winner.  It was as much art as science in any case, like I said, if I couldn't remember what I paid I just valued things at retail.  Hope you guys had fun, I had fun watching all the guesses come in.  Congrats to Pete again.

Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

junglepete

:biggrin:  That was fun! Thanks!
Guru of Frugality

junglepete

I'll PM you my mailing address.

When I added them all up my exact figure came out to 675.00 If anyone would have gone with 5x138 = 690, I would have stuck closer to 650.00

That was generous of you to offer the contest and fun to participate in. Thanks again!
Guru of Frugality

Jackal

Congrats Pete.  :party:

Thanks Rich for putting together this contest.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.