"A fine cigar is like a fine woman. They come in all shapes and sizes. Treat them tenderly and lovingly. Caress their skin, admire their beauty, fondle them with reverence. Bring them slowly to your lips, enjoy their flavor, their aroma. Contemplate their essence, their dependability, and forgive them their weaknesses - if there be any. Revel in the rituals, their simplicity and their enduring meanings. Do these things, my son, and the blessings of life shall always be upon you." -Prince Sined Yar Maharg

Main Menu

Today's Smoke - Pipe Version No. 3

Started by nwb, 12/18/2013 12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toby2

toby2

Cap10_Morgan

LEO from Kent and Lane 1Q from Hank.  Both great smokes.  Thanks guys.  I think I'm gonna like this pipe thing, lol.
"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

Cap10_Morgan

Butternut Burley from Kent.  I'm diggin this stuff right now.  I think I might be an aromatic guy.  Never thought that would be the case, but its weird.... THIS and the Lane 1Q are closer to cigar taste than the others I have smoked.  Guess the creaminess instead of the smokiness?  I like the others also, but this stuff is pretty awesome!
"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

05Venturer

QuoteCap10_Morgan - 6/30/2017  2:03 PM

Butternut Burley from Kent.  I'm diggin this stuff right now.  I think I might be an aromatic guy.  Never thought that would be the case, but its weird.... THIS and the Lane 1Q are closer to cigar taste than the others I have smoked.  Guess the creaminess instead of the smokiness?  I like the others also, but this stuff is pretty awesome!

Butternut Burley is definitely in my top 5.  Great stuff
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Cap10_Morgan

Crap, now the Coyote Classic goes and ruins what I was thinking.  Although it might be because I'm smoking it in same pipe shortly after the Butternut Burley.  But I'm getting more of a maple sweetness out of this one and loving it too!  Can't make up my mind, Kent!

05Venturer

Coyote Classic in my new Peterson
Kent

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

dwinstl

Good evening fellow  tobacco enthusiasts!   Hermit tobaccos Captain Earle's Reflections In a straight bamboo shank Cherepanov Gnom pipe.
-David

toby2

metalhead y cigarguy

Enjoyed a bowl of McClelland 5100 Red Cake in my CAO Egg & Claw Meerschaum pipe.
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

Cap10_Morgan

Finally tried the last sample from Kent.  On vacation and it's raining off and on, so I snuck outside and smoked whatever "walnut" was you sent me.  Was the coolest and easiest burning bowl I've had yet!  Never got the least bit hot, but also never had to relight (which I guess would help keep it cool now that I think about it).  So to sum it up... I liked everything you sent me, Kent.  Thanks!

05Venturer

QuoteCap10_Morgan - 7/14/2017  11:03 AM

Finally tried the last sample from Kent.  On vacation and it's raining off and on, so I snuck outside and smoked whatever "walnut" was you sent me.  Was the coolest and easiest burning bowl I've had yet!  Never got the least bit hot, but also never had to relight (which I guess would help keep it cool now that I think about it).  So to sum it up... I liked everything you sent me, Kent.  Thanks!

Excellent brother.
Walnut is a great lighter english , sold in 12 or 14 oz cans similar to Prince Albert and Carter Hall. But I find it hard to find anymore.
Kent

toby2

smoked half a jar of McC #2015 the past few. a few years has either mellowed it or maybe i've a more fireproof mouth? very good.

danb6177

so during the hurricane at the plant at the first lull I got I made it a point to test out my new purchase. Smoked a bowl of carter hall out of a Missouri meerschaum legend and i must admit I liked it very much...maybe too much :dancing:  :dancing:
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

toby2

Quotedanb6177 - 9/11/2017  11:55 PM  so during the hurricane at the plant at the first lull I got I made it a point to test out my new purchase. Smoked a bowl of carter hall out of a Missouri meerschaum legend and i must admit I liked it very much...maybe too much :dancing:  :dancing:

i've read that it is one of the few "drugstore" blends that's any good. i may need to pick some up. 

danb6177

Quotetoby2 - 9/12/2017  11:52 AM

Quotedanb6177 - 9/11/2017  11:55 PM  so during the hurricane at the plant at the first lull I got I made it a point to test out my new purchase. Smoked a bowl of carter hall out of a Missouri meerschaum legend and i must admit I liked it very much...maybe too much :dancing:  :dancing:

i've read that it is one of the few "drugstore" blends that's any good. i may need to pick some up. 

Do it man you wont be disappointed. Its an easy smoke that doesn't require any attention.
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----

danb6177

So been without internet so Ill catch up.

Already spoke of the carter hall. After that had some frog morton on the town in a MM country gentleman.

Just now smoked some haunted bookshop in a DR Grabow full bent rustic. man loved this tobacco! Gonna be hanging in the pipe forum for awhile me thinks
-----

danb6177

Lane 1-q. My first aromatic curtosy of captmorgan. Great stuff!
-----

toby2

glp navigator. just popped a year old half pound can. should have let it set. jarred it up and it's going into the back of the jar locker to be rediscovered one day.

danb6177

Haunted bookshop yesterday and then frog morton on the town. Two bowls of that , really nice tobacco.

Today I just got home from friends and had a bowl of Dunhill early morning which was pretty good. Looking at what Ill have next tonight
-----

danb6177

Quotetoby2 - 9/22/2017  12:04 AM

glp navigator. just popped a year old half pound can. should have let it set. jarred it up and it's going into the back of the jar locker to be rediscovered one day.

Thats a straight Virginia?
-----

toby2

Quotedanb6177 - 9/24/2017  9:59 PM  
Quotetoby2 - 9/22/2017  12:04 AM  glp navigator. just popped a year old half pound can. should have let it set. jarred it up and it's going into the back of the jar locker to be rediscovered one day.
Thats a straight Virginia?

“Navigator, the sixth blend to join the Old London Series, has been created specifically for the fancier of fuller-bodied, but still well-balanced and sophisticated flakes. The addition of a bit of dark-fired leaf brings depth and complexity to the party, a touch of rum makes the red and bright flue-cured tobaccos dance, enhancing their natural fruitiness and polishing the edges. The pressing and aging in cakes brings it all together into seamless harmony.”

cut and paste took the font. i think it has a little burley and kentucky dark fired. 

toby2

Quotedanb6177 - 9/24/2017  9:50 PM  Haunted bookshop yesterday and then frog morton on the town. Two bowls of that , really nice tobacco.   Today I just got home from friends and had a bowl of Dunhill early morning which was pretty good. Looking at what Ill have next tonight

i like Frog Morton Cellar. i buy it and put it up. it’s like desert after a meal. 

danb6177

Quotetoby2 - 9/24/2017  11:18 PM

Quotedanb6177 - 9/24/2017  9:50 PM  Haunted bookshop yesterday and then frog morton on the town. Two bowls of that , really nice tobacco.   Today I just got home from friends and had a bowl of Dunhill early morning which was pretty good. Looking at what Ill have next tonight

i like Frog Morton Cellar. i buy it and put it up. it's like desert after a meal. 

yeah man! cellar is my next purchase. Cant wait to try it.
-----

toby2

Quotedanb6177 - 9/25/2017  12:56 AM  
Quotetoby2 - 9/24/2017  11:18 PM  

i like Frog Morton Cellar. i buy it and put it up. it’s like desert after a meal. 

yeah man! cellar is my next purchase. Cant wait to try it.

if you like it you may also like G. L. Pease Barbary Coast. FYI many blends may be/are going away due to the FDA (unless something changes) if it was made after 2007. so if you find something you can't live w/o i suggest you stock up.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.