Today's Smoke - Pipe Version No. 3

Started by nwb, 12/18/2013 12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danb6177

Quotetoby2 - 9/25/2017  11:23 AM

Quotedanb6177 - 9/25/2017  12:56 AM  
Quotetoby2 - 9/24/2017  11:18 PM  

Quotedanb6177 - 9/24/2017  9:50 PM  Haunted bookshop yesterday and then frog morton on the town. Two bowls of that , really nice tobacco.   Today I just got home from friends and had a bowl of Dunhill early morning which was pretty good. Looking at what Ill have next tonight

i like Frog Morton Cellar. i buy it and put it up. it's like desert after a meal. 

yeah man! cellar is my next purchase. Cant wait to try it.

if you like it you may also like G. L. Pease Barbary Coast. FYI many blends may be/are going away due to the FDA (unless something changes) if it was made after 2007. so if you find something you can't live w/o i suggest you stock up.

Ok thanks for the heads up.
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

danb6177

Dunhill early morning and then Some Lane RLP-6.
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----

toby2

danb6177

Sutliff lord Nelson. Good stuff. Loving these half hour pipes after dinner
-----

toby2

just to come out in regular production GLP Stonehenge. wow! get it while it lasts... glad i grabbed 6 tins.

danb6177

Quotetoby2 - 9/28/2017  6:43 PM

just to come out in regular production GLP Stonehenge. wow! get it while it lasts... glad i grabbed 6 tins.

Burley, Perique, and Virginia with cocoa/chocolate topping? I'm all about that. Where did you get it man? I did a google search and came up empty
-----

toby2

Quotedanb6177 - 9/28/2017  8:15 PM  
Quotetoby2 - 9/28/2017  6:43 PM  just to come out in regular production GLP Stonehenge. wow! get it while it lasts... glad i grabbed 6 tins.
Burley, Perique, and Virginia with cocoa/chocolate topping? I’m all about that. Where did you get it man? I did a google search and came up empty

Stonehenge is a wonderful traditional flake comprised of bright flue-cured and sun-cured leaf from Brazil, Zimbabwe and Malawi, with just a touch of Burley added for a bit of body, and a slightly fuller flavor. Then, we added a good measure of perique for its unique contribution. Once blended, the leaf is steamed, hot-pressed into blocks and aged, allowing the flavors to further ferment and integrate. The mature blocks are sliced into thin flakes, and cut into 2" lengths.

pipesandcigars.com

danb6177

Quotetoby2 - 9/28/2017  8:25 PM

https://www.pipesandcigars.com/mobile/shop/?q=stonehenge+flake

Ahh cool. Thanx man gonna order some tommorow. Will be my first flake
-----

toby2

Quotedanb6177 - 9/28/2017  8:28 PM  
Quotetoby2 - 9/28/2017  8:25 PM  https://www.pipesandcigars.com/mobile/shop/?q=stonehenge+flake
Ahh cool. Thanx man gonna order some tommorow. Will be my first flake

pm sent

danb6177

A few bowls of Haunted Bookshop last night on the herf.
-----

danb6177

Starting it off with a bowl of haunted bookshop in a MM cob
-----

danb6177

Continuing on with some lane Q and then some frog Morton on the town in a grabow omega
-----

danb6177

-----

danb6177

On toby2's recommendation when I asked about full Virginia's he recommended GL Pease union square. I smoked it out of a cob reason being my fear of screwing it up and overheating my pipe,constant re lights and burning too hot. Glad to say I lit it up and never needed my lighter again. Easily the very best smoke I've had so far. Thanx Toby great advice my friend. I'm definitely a Virginia fan
-----

toby2

glad to hear. glp cumberland from 2012.

toby2

toby2

G. L. Pease Union Swuare in. paneled Pete of the year. 2007. my favorite pipe. 

danb6177

Last night lane 1Q. Love this stuff
-----

danb6177

Frog Morton on the town smoked out of a savinelli 601. Very nice. Then some lane RLP-6 in a grabow omega
-----

toby2

toby2

GLP Fillmore. an old tin that lost the sticker. 2012 most likely. in a Pete Mark Twain poker. great smoking pipe. but then i'm partial to the better Peterson's. this blend smokes better a bit dry i think. may just be me

toby2

DE Meat Pie. original release. it has become smokable and not too bad. gets pretty good at the bottom of the bowl. i'm pleasantly surprised. glad i gave it another shot.

danb6177

seattle pipe club Mississippi River in a savinelli 601 churchwarden. Really love this pipe. Gonna be my dedicated English pipe
-----

toby2

busted open one of two of my last pound bags of Mac Baren HH Mature Virginia. it was still in the vacuum pack and still vacuumed but it was a bit dry? don't know why they discontinued it. great smoke. one of my favorites back in the day. these are getting rare. gonnna have to savor these last few pounds.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.