New Guy Looking for Some Help

Started by 05Venturer, 12/19/2013 09:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT21

QuoteKen Kelley - 12/19/2013  1:00 PM

QuoteMT21 - 12/19/2013  1:53 AM

QuoteVroomp - 12/19/2013  9:55 AM

I would suggest looking into samplers with Connecticut Wrappers or other mild to medium cigar samplers first........ :smoker:

^^^^^^^ :thumbsup:

I would suggest that the Connecticut wrappers aren't the place to start because so many of them are grassy and frequently bitter. There are loads and loads of medium strength cigars in a variety of other wrappers. Seem to me that so many of the "mild" cigars have minimal flavor that I don't think I would start with them. Agreed, the 601's are a bit of a stretch for the new guy...as are the Joya de Nicaragua Antanos...but the Fuentes are good, the CAO's would work, and so would many others already mentioned.
That's a good point Ken. Another suggestion would be to a local cigar shop or lounge. He could try single sticks till he found a flavor profile which he likes.
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

Joel B

Gurkha Park Avenue in both natural and maduro are easy on the wallet and mild in strength. I always keep a box of the maduros aging in my humidor. One of my favorite low cost smokes.

StogieDad

QuoteJoel B - 12/19/2013  8:49 PM

Gurkha Park Avenue in both natural and maduro are easy on the wallet and mild in strength. I always keep a box of the maduros aging in my humidor. One of my favorite low cost smokes.

I know Nathan (NWB) likes those for budget smokes too
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Machine646

A lot of people talk down on them but when I started I loved Rocky Patel vintage 1999 .its very mild and very tastey. Montecristo whit labels are also nice .I also agree on Fuentes and CAO .Like was said before ask at a b&m they always helped me when first starting out. Good luck my friend were always here

LawDaddy

As a newb, I am having a lot of fun on cigarauctioneer lately.  Picked up a 601 sampler for $20 with 8 sticks including 2 La Bomba.  Lots of Perdomo on there right now as well.  I haven't been led astray with anything by them yet.

nwb

QuoteStogieDad - 12/19/2013  9:30 PM
QuoteJoel B - 12/19/2013  8:49 PM

I know Nathan (NWB) likes those for budget smokes too

That I do - the Park Avenues are good for a mild-medium smoke, and you don't have to worry about tossing it if the need arises.

Also, shameless plug:

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=26849.0
Chief of Shaft

StogieDad

QuoteLawDaddy - 12/22/2013  1:56 PM

As a newb, I am having a lot of fun on cigarauctioneer lately.  Picked up a 601 sampler for $20 with 8 sticks including 2 La Bomba.  Lots of Perdomo on there right now as well.  I haven't been led astray with anything by them yet.

You can find a lot of fivers on there for stupid low prices.  I can't count the number of fivers I have gotten for under $12, you just can't go wrong with that stuff if you are trying to sample a lot of new things without having to buy boxes.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

lane1man

La Perla Habana Classic is a good everyday smoke for me you can get them for $2.50 a stick if you order a box

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.