Merry Christmas to Me!!

Started by 05Venturer, 01/01/2014 07:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

05Venturer

One of my bosses gave me a $50 Sears card for Christmas so I started looking online and found me my first humidor.

Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Newbhunter

Nice! Had one of those before, just sold it cuz it got too small too fast! Like very geek says,
Get a bigger one than you think you think you think you'll need, cuz you'll need more space soon enough! After acquiring my 6th humidor, i just built a big one to hold over 300 sticks, and even that is small by geek standards...

LawDaddy

That Capri Glasstop can be acquired for around $20 if you look in the right places.

StogieDad

Good for you!  If u hang around u will definitely outgrow it, but I still remember when I bought my first humidor.  Still have it today,  works great, just one of several plus a cooler now though!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Ken Kelley

QuoteNewbhunter - 12/31/2013  11:03 PM

Nice! Had one of those before, just sold it cuz it got too small too fast! Like very geek says,
Get a bigger one than you think you think you think you'll need, cuz you'll need more space soon enough! After acquiring my 6th humidor, i just built a big one to hold over 300 sticks, and even that is small by geek standards...

Sold it? Shoulda just bought another one...you'll need it!  :biggrin:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Cfickter

Good luck with that humi.
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

ntanner

Nice, make sure you season it well before you fill it.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

cibolodave

05Venturer

That Capri Glasstop can be acquired for around $20 if you look in the right places.
-----
Fiat justitia ruat caelum

Please let me know where I can buy a 50 stick humidor for $20.
The one I ordered is a Quality Importers and was $46, I thought that was a pretty decent deal.
Kent

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

LawDaddy

Quote05Venturer - 1/1/2014  12:40 PM

Please let me know where I can buy a 50 stick humidor for $20.
The one I ordered is a Quality Importers and was $46, I thought that was a pretty decent deal.

http://www.jrcigars.com/jr/index.cfm/hurl/evt=itemDetail/itemcode=3HU25G/HUMIDOR-CAPRI-GLASSTOP.html

mess24

nice you will fill that quickly lol

05Venturer

Thank You Much Lawdaddy!!!
Kent

05Venturer

Thank You Much Lawdaddy!!!
Kent

LawDaddy

No prob.  After you fill that one I recommend the Treasure Dome 250 count.  Can score for $90-$100 on cigarbid.com.

jumberlack1

QuoteLawDaddy - 1/2/2014  8:04 AM

No prob.  After you fill that one I recommend the Treasure Dome 250 count.  Can score for $90-$100 on cigarbid.com.

Or just jump straight to a coolidor! :dancing:
Making bad decisions a profession!

05Venturer

QuoteLawDaddy - 1/1/2014  4:04 PM

It will be filled as soon as I season it, unless I leave some in my tupperdor.  
I got a good deal on a couple cheap bundles.

I have some 72 boveda paks enroute, any suggestions or tips on seasoning?
Kent

tvolball

I started out with a 75 count, filled it up in 2 month, bought a 250 treasure dome, filled it up in 6 months, storing sticks  in a plastic storage container right now while I search for the right deal on a new, bigger humi. I really want to build my own or convert and old piece of furniture
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

bmac7754

Like everyone says, go bigger.  You will fill that in no time and wind up buying more humidors.  My boss gave me $50 dunkin donut card.  Damn him, now I eat way too much donuts.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Camshaft83

Quotebmac7754 - 1/1/2014  9:42 PM

Like everyone says, go bigger.  You will fill that in no time and wind up buying more humidors.  My boss gave me $50 dunkin donut card.  Damn him, now I eat way too much donuts.

:lmao:
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

sjn1117

why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.