February Member Sponsored Geek Critique (Last Two Weeks)

Started by junglepete, 01/04/2014 01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cfickter

Cigars arrived in perfect shape. Thanks for all the extras. Some great sticks
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

mike.casey

I got the SB5 and some quality body guards too! You're the man Kyle.

photo IMG_20140126_142041_zps0c1973a4.jpg
Life is hard. It's harder when you're stupid. -John Wayne-

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

Cigary

Got mine the other day...glad Mike.Casy took the photo of these....will give them some humi time and put fire to them.  thx again for these really good cigars.

Longhorn

Got the same hitch hikers - that E.P. Carillo is pretty special.

mike.casey

QuoteLonghorn - 1/26/2014  6:53 PM

Got the same hitch hikers - that E.P. Carillo is pretty special.

:word:

The elencos is one of my all time favorites... AND, they don't make them anymore.

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

wlfwalleye

Just a friendly reminder that the reviews are due in by the 10th.

Hopefully Mojo66 (Sébastien) will get back with me if he has received the cigars yet.

Thanks,
Kyle

Mojo66

Sorry for the delay. The package had not showed up late Tuesday when I ckecked and I was rushed to the hospital in the evening for yet another bad news on the health front.   I was released Friday and found the sticks in my mailbox Saturday in perfect shape but a little cold.

They came somewhere between Wednesday and Friday but I have them now. Sorry for the delay, I'll post something about my health issues when I find a minute between injections, antibiotics pumping and the lot.

Sorry it took so long, not my style usually.  Thanks for the nice hitchhikers or bodyguards as you called them, very generous of you.  

Here is what Kyle sent me, along with that amazing Litto Gomez SB #5:

5 Vegas Relic (Perfecto)

Fonseca Matasa 30th Anniversary Toro

E.P. Carrillo Elencos Series Acto Mayor (Torpedo)

PDR 1878 Capa Oscuro Reserva Dominicana Oscuro Corona

Litto Gomez Diez Small Batch No. 5 

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

junglepete

Just a friendly reminder here, 3 days left to post your reviews... :-)
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Mojo66

Against all professional advice but using my better judgment, I've decided to honor my engagement and smoke the cigar not matter what the doctors ordered.:shamebag:

I'll rinse my palate well and drink lots of water to get rid of all medicinal aftertastes.

Should post my review tomorrow or by the deadline of Monday.

Is the link for the review available / working?

Thanks for having me.

mike.casey

I smoked mine yesterday... I'll get my review posted soon!

Ron White

junglepete

One day left folks  :-0 ... no reviews in as of yet?
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Cfickter

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Mojo66

I know this is a noob question but I have to ask again, where is the link to upload the review, can't find it.

Thanks guys.

conditionZero

--JOE--

I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink.  Joe E. Lewis

Cfickter

OK, mine is submitted.  thanks to Kyle for letting participate.  feedback left

Mojo66

Mine is in.

Thanks for the opportunity, had been a while since my last critique, had been a while since my last cigar as well.

junglepete

Thanks guys...three in the hole two to go....Last day today  :-)
Guru of Frugality

wlfwalleye

Come on fellas lets get them reviews in.

Thanks,
Kyle

Longhorn

I actually smoked mine on a Google Herf a couple of weeks ago and hit the submit button a few minutes ago... "rounding third and heading for home!"

Thanks, Kyle for the opportunity to participate!

Cigary

I just did my review of the Fonseca Matasa 30th Anniversary Toro and not that I'm smoking these cigars in any particular order ( didn't read that we needed to ) I smoked it while Atlanta is under an Ice Storm tonight..so what better treat for me than to have a cigar?  This is the second out of 5 and hopefully will get after my third one this weekend....E.P. Carrillo Elencos Series Acto Mayor (Torpedo).  I have had this one before and I already know how good it is so it will be a pleasure to smoke another and give a review of it.  I don't think I've ever given one on this particular cigar so will smoke it then give it an updated account of what I tasted this time around.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.