Hate when that happens

Started by FNA, 01/16/2014 07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FNA

My sympathies go out to the over-anxious key tapper/bidder at the "Devil site" who right now has a current bid of $13 each for 15 Rockey Patrel Olde World Reserve Corojo Robustos.

Thompson is currently selling these smokes at $79.99 for a box of 20, so $195 for a baggie of 15 is gonna be rough to take once bidder realizes what he has done.

It happens.  last fall, I bid $23 for a 15 bundle of RP 2nds perfectos - no, I thought it was a bundle of 15.  immediately after bidding, i realized it was a 5-pack.  needless to say, I won.

Any "Ooops" bids you'll admit to?

StogieDad

It does happen, I whoopsied on some AB Tempus once, paid almost MSRP on an free-fall.  A good smoke so not all bad, but I paid too much.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Vroomp

I accidentally paid $13 for a fiver of Quesada Heisenbergs........ Damn that devil site!:biggrin:
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

nwb

Years and years ago, I accidentally bid up to $40 for a box of 5 Vegas Classics.  In that day, you could get them for $30.  I hit the 4, but meant to hit the 3.  Didn't realize my mistake until after I won the bid.
Chief of Shaft

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.