1000 ct Humidor

Started by LawDaddy, 01/16/2014 01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LawDaddy

Quotelubrix - 2/12/2014  1:13 PM

FNA's upset cause he ordered the red leather thong and they sent him the black one instead!.

:lmao:

I hate when that happens.

Brlesq

QuoteFNA - 2/12/2014 2:26 PM

23 x 17 x 35 are the dimensions for the unit shown. That is very close to half size of many 3,000 clamied capacity towers (same depth and width, a little less than half height).

Jackal says: "Mine is 6 foot tall, has twice as many shelves, and is rated for 1,000 cigars (I have 850 in it, and it is pretty full)."

Most 6 footers claim capacity of 3,000.
  Why do you have such a small one, smaller than normal at any rate?

I bet you hear that question a lot Frank, huh?    :shades:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Rebecca Silverwolf

QuoteBrlesq - 2/12/2014  12:47 PM

23 x 17 x 35 are the dimensions for the unit shown. That is very close to half size of many 3,000 clamied capacity towers (same depth and width, a little less than half height).

Jackal says: "Mine is 6 foot tall, has twice as many shelves, and is rated for 1,000 cigars (I have 850 in it, and it is pretty full)."

:-0
"Well, we may not have parted on the best of terms. I realize certain words were exchanged. Also certain... bullets."

"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

-Captain Malcolm Reynolds

FNA

I don't know what the matter is with you people.  Luckily for me I don't care.  

No I don't hang around.  I come around now and then and if the stupidity level  isn't too toxic, I might comment.  Congratulations on raising it up again Rebecca.

Look at ads for 6 foot humidors.  See if most do not claim 3,000 capacity.  Don't you wonder why someone posts that their 6 foot humidor holds only 1/3?  Wouldn't you want to know what model that is so you can buy the one that holds three times as many cigars?  Wow, that is controversial.

Probably not.  too busy thinking about my underwear i guess.  Oh, or joking about my penis size or joininng in and agreeing ' Oh that's a good one.'  Oh yeah- brilliant!

My posts aren't for the benefit of the idiots.  Those who think understand.

At an earlier post, someone said something about getting feedback points.  Why would I want feedback from any of you?

dirtyleafcigars

Yeah, just for future reference, manufacturers always rate the capacity based on 44 ring gauge coronas.

The Burn Ward

I always enjoy when Frank chimes in. Usually he's rattling cages but it's nonetheless entertaining. Thanks Frank!

Ken Kelley

QuoteRebecca Silverwolf - 2/12/2014  3:54 AM

QuoteBrlesq - 2/12/2014  12:47 PM

:-0

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

Just give up, Frank! You're WAY, WAY, WAY outclassed here! Actually, you do provide a bit of comic relief every so often so you might as well keep it going until you drop...maybe one of these days you will finally figure out you're a total dick and change your ways.  :biggrin:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

Ken Kelley

FNA now has his first feedback!  :biggrin:

nirab

FNA...sounds as though you have some abandonment issues as well. Why so negative? I am guessing that you come here from other sites, and are used to being treated with no class. Then you come on here, and can't understand why we care so much about each other, so you feel it necessary to come by on occasion, and prove your assumed "superiority"? There are other sites for that, not this one. I suggest you stay on those sites. OR...

You can humbly swallow your pride, toss out a few bombs to folks, acquire a sense of humor, learn to laugh at yourself, respectfully bust some b@lls, and join our community. It's never too late to say I'm sorry...if you mean it!  :angel:

It's such a shame when cigar folks from other sites find this one, and they just don't get us geeks. They sure are missing out on what we geeks know is the best AND only site needed for any cigar loving fool!.  :biggrin:  :shy:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

LawDaddy

QuoteFNA - 2/12/2014  1:56 PM  Why would I want feedback from any of you?

Along that same vein, why do you want to spend time interacting with people for whom you have no affection or respect?

nirab

QuoteKen Kelley - 2/12/2014  3:28 PM

Ken, you just won the best feedback award for 2014! Great job!!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:

I see a 5'er in your future...geek math style!  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Ken Kelley

QuoteLawDaddy - 2/12/2014  4:30 AM

Along that same vein, why do you want to spend time interacting with people for whom you have no affection or respect?

I reckon it might be an attention getting event...some people just do that for fun no matter who they piss off. No sense to it but it happens.

Ken Kelley

Quotenirab - 2/12/2014  4:33 AM

QuoteKen Kelley - 2/12/2014  3:28 PM

Ken, you just won the best feedback award for 2014! Great job!!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:

I see a 5'er in your future...geek math style!  :biggrin:

:biggrin:

No need...it was my civic duty!  :biggrin:

CrazyK

CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

Rebecca Silverwolf

QuoteKen Kelley - 2/12/2014  1:34 PM

QuoteLawDaddy - 2/12/2014  4:30 AM

I reckon it might be an attention getting event...some people just do that for fun no matter who they piss off. No sense to it but it happens.

He's one of the various internet trolls. Almost every site picks up at least one.

Love your Feedback, Ken.
"Well, we may not have parted on the best of terms. I realize certain words were exchanged. Also certain... bullets."

"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

-Captain Malcolm Reynolds

conditionZero

QuoteKen Kelley - 2/12/2014  3:28 PM  FNA now has his first feedback!  :biggrin:

Good lord  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

Ken, never feel obligated to leave feedback for me, under any circumstances. 

--JOE--

I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink.  Joe E. Lewis

Jackal

QuoteFNA - 2/12/2014  11:26 AM

23 x 17 x 35 are the dimensions for the unit shown.  That is very close to half size of many 3,000 clamied capacity towers (same depth and width, a little less than half height).  

Most 6 footers claim capacity of 3,000.  Why do you have such a small one, smaller than normal at any rate?

Maybe because whomever made the claim was being honest.

Yes, I could double what is in there by cramming it full of boxes, but I want decent air flow.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Longhorn

QuoteFNA - 2/12/2014  2:26 PM

23 x 17 x 35 are the dimensions for the unit shown.  That is very close to half size of many 3,000 clamied capacity towers (same depth and width, a little less than half height).  

Most 6 footers claim capacity of 3,000.  Why do you have such a small one, smaller than normal at any rate?

I have a built in with internal dimensions of 23 x 27 x 32 - larger than the one in question - and I guaran-damn-ty you ain't get'n 1000 cigars in that thing unless you're grinding them up and putting the loose leaf tobacco in it.  And for you FNA, I own a cabinet humidor with depth and width greater than any tower I've ever seen - stands at 5' 6" - and I guaran-damn-ty you you ain't get'n 3000 sticks in a standard 6 food tower unless you've already smoked 'em and you're only store'n the ash.  So, the question for you is, why do you think people boast of having bigger ones?

ntanner

Great feed back Ken. :lmao:  :bigthumbs:
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

nwb

:lmao:  :lmao:

I see we've had another FNA sighting.  Always good for a laugh.  He'll be back in a month or so, I'm sure.
Chief of Shaft

styxxx

Here's my 6 foot tower stuffed and only about 1500 cigars in it.
Styxx,

If you win say nothing,if you lose say less.

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=styxxx

Longhorn

Quotestyxxx - 2/12/2014  8:23 PM

Here's my 6 foot tower stuffed and only about 1500 cigars in it.

Only 1500 to go!  :biggrin:  :-0

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.