Cornelious & Anthony Cigar Trial Reviews

Started by Ken Kelley, 01/18/2014 04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

mpurtle01

DonM

These guys are a class act.  The packages include the cigars, the review forms and return envelopes prepaid.  I am on my second box that I got Tuesday with their gift  pack and looking forward to this set of reviews

"The Curmudgeon"

johncw

I just sent my final review in yesterday.

nwb

QuoteDonM - 2/14/2014  8:07 AM
These guys are a class act.  The packages include the cigars, the review forms and return envelopes prepaid.  I am on my second box that I got Tuesday with their gift  pack and looking forward to this set of reviews

Yes, I was impressed with their planning.
Chief of Shaft

Ken Kelley

Three in the mail. Smoked the last one this morning. As soon as I write it up and can make it down to the settlement through the snow and battling wolves and bears every step of the way I will firmly attach it to the mail mule!
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

nirab

I have yet to try one. I plan on knocking 2 of em out this weekend, and hopefully get the other 2 done by next weekend.
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

mpurtle01

DonM

Quotempurtle01 - 2/14/2014  2:58 AM

What did I miss?   This is cool.

Sorry, Matt you weren't on ignore.  A few on the site were asked if we wanted to review some cigars.  In the initial run, we were sent 4 cigars to review.  After you completed all 4, they sent out a gift pack consisting of a Xikar ash can, a cutter, case, lighter and single cigar ash tray along with andother 4 for review.  It is a really well organized review, but I don't think anyone know where the cigars originated from manufacturer wise.

"The Curmudgeon"

Smurf

nice!  kinda wish i had a US address..
orbis non sufficit

nwb

As far as I know, this was limited to folks in the US, Matt.  We were asked via PM to participate, and I have no idea how we were chose - possibly due to the number of reviews we've done on the site?
Chief of Shaft

Ken Kelley

The Burn Ward

QuoteDonM - 2/14/2014  11:25 AM

Quotempurtle01 - 2/14/2014  2:58 AM

What did I miss?   This is cool.

Sorry, Matt you weren't on ignore.  A few on the site were asked if we wanted to review some cigars.  In the initial run, we were sent 4 cigars to review.  After you completed all 4, they sent out a gift pack consisting of a Xikar ash can, a cutter, case, lighter and single cigar ash tray along with andother 4 for review.  It is a really well organized review, but I don't think anyone know where the cigars originated from manufacturer wise.

"Yes sir, we do grow much of our own tobacco. The premium hand rolled cigars I am developing uses US grown tobacco, Dominican, and Nicaraguan. " - Steven, in response to a question I asked about him growing his own tobacco.

Ken Kelley

Hey, Matt, even though you might the red-headed orphan child right now maybe you can catch up when you get back into range. As I recall, you are returning to states soon, eh?  :biggrin:

bmac7754

Just a heads up guys, the envelopes were made up prior to the recent increase a week ago.  I would go into the post office with them, they tack on another 3 cents.  I had no change on me, just dollar bills, so I walked away with 97 cents in change.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Ken Kelley

Quotebmac7754 - 2/14/2014  3:49 AM

Just a heads up guys, the envelopes were made up prior to the recent increase a week ago.  I would go into the post office with them, they tack on another 3 cents.  I had no change on me, just dollar bills, so I walked away with 97 cents in change.

Oops! Didn't even consider that...hope that doesn't cause problems with the other end.

Mojo66

Quotenwb - 2/14/2014  1:42 PM  As far as I know, this was limited to folks in the US, Matt.  We were asked via PM to participate, and I have no idea how we were chose - possibly due to the number of reviews we've done on the site?

Well actually, I am the living proof this was open to International Geeks as well. I received the package in Canada without a glitch and will be reviewing as soon as my health permits. Would have done it long ago if it hadn't been for medical problems.

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

bmac7754

QuoteKen Kelley - 2/14/2014  3:51 PM  
Quotebmac7754 - 2/14/2014  3:49 AM  Just a heads up guys, the envelopes were made up prior to the recent increase a week ago.  I would go into the post office with them, they tack on another 3 cents.  I had no change on me, just dollar bills, so I walked away with 97 cents in change.
Oops! Didn't even consider that...hope that doesn't cause problems with the other end.

I think it depends on the mood of the post office.  They may send it back to you with insufficient postage, or make the receiver pay before they can pick up their mail.  Or they may just not care and hand it over.  Who knows??

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

nwb

QuoteMojo66 - 2/14/2014  4:02 PM
Quotenwb - 2/14/2014  1:42 PM  As far as I know, this was limited to folks in the US, Matt.  We were asked via PM to participate, and I have no idea how we were chose - possibly due to the number of reviews we've done on the site?
Well actually, I am the living proof this was open to International Geeks as well. I received the package in Canada without a glitch and will be reviewing as soon as my health permits. Would have done it long ago if it hadn't been for medical problems.

Good to know!

These went out in the mail today, and I didn't even think about the postage.  Hopefully, they go through.... :confused:
Chief of Shaft

mpurtle01

Awesome!  Sounds really cool.   Guess I like reviewing, but only when I'm asked to.  Otherwise, I just enjoy my smokes!

Cfickter

I am finally getting around to these.  Done two so far the other two will be done this week.  Didnt mean to take so long
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Ken Kelley

Got the same very nice gifts from Steven others have already mentioned...Thank you very much!...and also another 4 cigars to review. I'll let them rest for a while and then get after the next round.

DonM

I just finished the reviews on the second set, some good cigars.  I appreciate them giving me the opportunity to review them!

"The Curmudgeon"

Vroomp

Damn! I am a slacker!!!  I have only submitted one!  I better get to smoking....... :smoker:  :smoker:  :smoker:
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

StogieDad

Smoked last one yesterday, mailed review today.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.