5er of TAA 2013 ******DAMAGED FOOT******

Started by williegstyles, 01/21/2014 08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

williegstyles

I recently split a box of these and the person I split the box with sent them in the box without wrapping them. Unfortunately most of them were damaged in transit. I'm looking to sell a her of them. I paid 10/stick plus shipping. I'm willing to take the loss and sell a 5er of them at a discounted price of 7/stick plus shipping so $40 shipped.
Gregory

CrazyK

Man that sucks... Careless shipping is horrible.
CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

Brlesq

That does suck.  However, they look to still be smokeable, and they are a terrific cigar.  A good opportunity for somebody to try out 5!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Vroomp

I only see damage at the foot. Were the caps damaged as well? :-0
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Ntxsage

Here is what I know on that cigar. Great cigar taste wise. Tastes and looks different than the other tat Brown labels...darker more oily wrapper leaf. Belle encre 10th is close, but seen several boxes side by side and difference to all the other 10th brown labels is  noticeable.

Here's the kicker. The wrapper is VERY thin. I did a large split with 7 boxes. Had to take 10 sticks back to BM with wrapper damage, some were right out of the  gold foil sealed pack and hadn't been shipped anywhere.

My main BM is one of the largest Tat dealers in the region (was told this by a competitor bm owner across town)...the guys in there sell a ton of tats. They swapped mine out no questions asked, and they told me they'd had problems on that particular stick with returns due to damaged wrappers.

Just FYI..it's a tasty cigar, but fragile.
Did you know Stuart Scott almost made the Scripps National Spelling Bee as a child? Then the judges asked for skiing, but he only had one I. - acr

mike.casey

The wrappers do seem pretty fragile.
Life is hard. It's harder when you're stupid. -John Wayne-

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

nirab

I have some stewing in the humidor, and have had one. I was not too impressed with the construction at all. The one I smoked basically fell apart while smoking it. The flavors were good, but the wrapper kept splitting all over the place, and the ash would not hold at all. It may have been that I had it too soon, and should have let it sit awhile. I will revisit again in a few months. The wrapper is very, very thin. Kinda like a piece of dark rice paper.
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Mojo66

It sucks when that happens.

But they are worth smoking, I had the chance to have a couple and they are great smokes. At $7 a pop, it's a bargain considering the damage seems relatively minor.

If I did not already have many of these I'd jump on your offer.... You'll make a very happy geek I'm sure
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Smurf

orbis non sufficit

williegstyles

The caps are in great shape. The only damage is to the foot. Some, more so than others. I've had a few and have had issues with the wrappers on all of them. I'm not exactly sure why the wrappers are so fragile to begin with but it is a pretty tasty cigar. They are all smokeable hence my willingness to part with some of them. It's my OCD'ness that has the issue. I'm going to sample one with the most damage on it right about....NOW. I will report back with the results.

What stinks is that I purposely told the guy I bought them from that I did NOT want the box. I simply do NOT have the storage space for anymore "boxes". I just seasoned another desk top and its already filled to capacity (sucks I know). I had planned on sending out some W.O.D. here on CG but recently figured out that I can't obtain anyones addy until I've met my quota of post Soooo...I wait patiently in the bushes until that time comes.

QuoteVroomp - 1/22/2014  6:55 AM

I only see damage at the foot. Were the caps damaged as well?
Gregory

Brlesq

Quotewilliegstyles - 1/22/2014  6:10 PM

The caps are in great shape. The only damage is to the foot. Some, more so than others. I've had a few and have had issues with the wrappers on all of them. I'm not exactly sure why the wrappers are so fragile to begin with but it is a pretty tasty cigar. They are all smokeable hence my willingness to part with some of them. It's my OCD'ness that has the issue. I'm going to sample one with the most damage on it right about....NOW. I will report back with the results.

What stinks is that I purposely told the guy I bought them from that I did NOT want the box. I simply do NOT have the storage space for anymore "boxes". I just seasoned another desk top and its already filled to capacity (sucks I know). I had planned on sending out some W.O.D. here on CG but recently figured out that I can't obtain anyones addy until I've met my quota of post Soooo...I wait patiently in the bushes until that time comes.

10 quick reviews and the magic addresses open up!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

The Burn Ward

Quotewilliegstyles - 1/22/2014  6:10 PM

Any B&Ms you've been to that aren't in the DB already? Put in the correct info and a little review for 5 points each.

cavenbk

QuoteI had planned on sending out some W.O.D. here on CG but recently figured out that I can't obtain anyones addy until I've met my quota of post Soooo...I wait patiently in the bushes until that time comes.

Worst case scenario you can always get a hold of a Geek that is able to see addresses and as them to get the addresses of the Geeks you want to send packages to.

You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

williegstyles

QuoteCfickter - 1/22/2014  6:32 PM

So has nobody jumped on this yet?

No, they're still available. I just put one of them out it's misery. I burned it down to the nub. As others have mentioned the wrapper is extremely thin. It split on me once while smoking but being the experienced cigar afficianado that I am I managed to smoke right through it.
Gregory

williegstyles

Quotecavenbk - 1/22/2014  6:25 PM

QuoteI had planned on sending out some W.O.D. here on CG but recently figured out that I can't obtain anyones addy until I've met my quota of post Soooo...I wait patiently in the bushes until that time comes.

Worst case scenario you can always get a hold of a Geek that is able to see addresses and as them to get the addresses of the Geeks you want to send packages to.

I thought about this one but I decided to "earn" my right of passage. So far I'm up to 70 after some well received advice from a fellow geek.
Gregory

nwb

That sucks, but minor damage to the foot shouldn't be a problem when smoking them.  This is a great deal.

Although I've had very few issues with damaged cigars over the past 10+ years, I've received two packages in the past two weeks with some damage to the cigars.  One was a bomb, and the box was somehow crushed.  The cigar that was the most damaged went up in smoke today with no issues.

In the other package, there were about 15 cigars that had various degrees of damage.  Some will be salvaged, but there were a few that had to be tossed.  Unfortunately, is happened that the ones that needed to be tossed were ISOMs.
Chief of Shaft

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.