Round Robin VII - Winter 2014 Edition

Started by mike.casey, 01/23/2014 10:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Kelley

QuoteChrism305 - 1/23/2014  5:52 AM

While I was not the person to go AWOL on nirab, due to health reasons I did go AWOL on the pass and on alphairon. I have sent a request to join the pass but understand if there is someone out there who would prefer that I stayed on the sidelines. If that is the case I understand, otherwise I m happy to donate my cigars to the eventual winner.

You will please note that I didn't say a thing about it. I figured something might have come up that prevented you from finishing the course. Not a big deal in my book. But you'll never know what they really were unless you smoke them and tell me your guesses! Then I might let you know...if I can find the scrap of paper I had the identities written on!  :biggrin:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

mike.casey

Life is hard. It's harder when you're stupid. -John Wayne-

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

jumberlack1

Making bad decisions a profession!

DonM

Sorry for the late request, I am in if there is room

"The Curmudgeon"

mike.casey

Quotejumberlack1 - 1/27/2014  1:26 AM

I'll jump in if you have room!

IN!

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

mike.casey

QuoteDonM - 1/27/2014  5:11 AM

Sorry for the late request, I am in if there is room

Click request, and you are in brother!

Ron White

StogieDad

This is a good looking lineup, this is going to be a fun pass!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

mike.casey

Quotemike.casey - 1/26/2014  8:39 PM

photo troy_zps14a1157c.jpg

:bump:

Ron White

nwb

I'm in.  Thanks for coordinating - this is one of my favorite passes!

Just in case anyone missed the results from the last pass, there were multiple "winners":

mike.casey - 8
CrazyK - 8
nwb - 8
metalhead y cigarguy - 8
sjn1117 - 8

So don't be afraid. :biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

Smurf

orbis non sufficit

Ntxsage

I really want to join this one Mike...unfortunately my windows to get a cigar in have closed up recently and I'd hate to hold anything up. I'll get in on the spring edition.
Did you know Stuart Scott almost made the Scripps National Spelling Bee as a child? Then the judges asked for skiing, but he only had one I. - acr

mike.casey

Michael, your reviews aren't due until April 30th if that helps.

Ron White

Ntxsage

Did you know Stuart Scott almost made the Scripps National Spelling Bee as a child? Then the judges asked for skiing, but he only had one I. - acr

mike.casey

QuoteNtxsage - 1/29/2014  9:31 PM

In that case I'm in!

Hit send request and it's on brother!

Ron White

mike.casey

Alright fellas, we've waited long enough, I'll start randomly assigning recipients and post a list here, as well as shoot you all a p.m.

Ron White

conditionZero

Right on. I'm really looking forward to this one.
--JOE--

I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink.  Joe E. Lewis

mike.casey

photo RoundRobinPassOrder_zps17887cb8.jpg

Here is the list. The name on the left sends to the name on the right. I just randomly generated 2 lists using our names (at least versions of them  :biggrin: ) and set them side by side.

Post here when you see it, and understand who you are sending to. That'll save me sending 15 unique PMs.

Those that do not post that they understand, will be PM'd tomorrow. Let's try to get the 5ers out by the end of next week.

NO SMOKING/POSTING REVIEWS UNTIL EVERYONE HAS RECIEVED THIER STICKS!

Ron White

Vroomp

Understood! I will get these out to Michael by end of the week probably........
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

LawDaddy

Excellent match up.  Understood.

Are there tips for mailing to Canada?

conditionZero

I'm sending to Longhorn. Understood.
--JOE--

I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink.  Joe E. Lewis

Vroomp

QuoteLawDaddy - 2/3/2014  3:40 PM  Excellent match up.  Understood.  Are there tips for mailing to Canada?

Yeah... be prepared to pay more! :biggrin:  

Although, I have found sending first class to be the cheapest route.....

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

mike.casey

QuoteLawDaddy - 2/3/2014  2:40 PM

DO NOT TELL THEM YOU ARE SENDING CIGARS...

Pack in a non-flate rate box.

Claim the value is around $20-25 (def no more)

Write down something specific as the item: Air conditioner part; broadheads for Archery etc...

It is not illegal, but most PO's don't know it. It's only a couple extra bucks, and I've sent (Sporting Goods: Hunting broadheads) to Karl half a dozen times without any issues.

Ron White

StogieDad

Quotemike.casey - 2/3/2014  4:44 PM

QuoteLawDaddy - 2/3/2014  2:40 PM

DO NOT TELL THEM YOU ARE SENDING CIGARS...

Pack in a non-flate rate box.

Claim the value is around $20-25 (def no more)

Write down something specific as the item: Air conditioner part; broadheads for Archery etc...

It is not illegal, but most PO's don't know it. It's only a couple extra bucks, and I've sent (Sporting Goods: Hunting broadheads) to Karl half a dozen times without any issues.

I've sent Biggsy "sports memorabilia" twice now with minimal delays.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

nirab

I'm hitting DonM with "3" cigars, got it!  :biggrin:  :shy:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

LawDaddy

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.