Smoking Inside

Started by 05Venturer, 01/28/2014 07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freakydeakydutchman

I dont smoke inside because the wife has asthma and i have childern who i dont want to be around an enclosed area sourrounded by smoke. however that being said.. IF i ever get a house with a gerage or man cave thats away from the living quarters.. im gettin a wood stove put in that sucker. rigging it for electricty and going to town!
"when a guy does something stupid once, well that's because he's a guy. But if he does the same stupid thing twice, that's usually to impress some girl."
Dr. Suess

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=freakydeakydutchman

nwb

So many reasons I don't smoke inside, in no particular order:

1) I have a daughter and don't want her smelling like smoke or inhaling smoke.
2) My wife is allergic to smoke.
3) The resale value of a smoker's home is considerably less than a non-smoker's home, all things being equal.
4) I don't like the smell of stale smoke on clothing, furniture, etc.
5) Smoking inside gives me a headache.  To be perfectly honest, there are few B&Ms that I will smoke in.
6) I like being outside.

The list could go on.  The only time that I would ever think of smoking inside my own home is if I had a separate structure (shed, detached garage with an upstairs, etc) and it had a kick-a$$ ventilation system.  Sort of like a man-cave that isn't part of the house.
Chief of Shaft

BewareDaPenguin

Quotenwb - 1/30/2014  12:19 PM

So many reasons I don't smoke inside, in no particular order:

1) I have a daughter and don't want her smelling like smoke or inhaling smoke.
2) My wife is allergic to smoke.
3) The resale value of a smoker's home is considerably less than a non-smoker's home, all things being equal.
4) I don't like the smell of stale smoke on clothing, furniture, etc.
5) Smoking inside gives me a headache.  To be perfectly honest, there are few B&Ms that I will smoke in.
6) I like being outside.

The list could go on.  The only time that I would ever think of smoking inside my own home is if I had a separate structure (shed, detached garage with an upstairs, etc) and it had a kick-a$$ ventilation system.  Sort of like a man-cave that isn't part of the house.

I think this pretty much nails it...nicely put together & agreed. Would be sweet 2 have a den/ cave sometime w a ventilation system
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.