Found my Everyday Inexpensive Smoke

Started by 05Venturer, 01/29/2014 06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

05Venturer

Picked up a box of "Country Man" toros by Good Times
I have smoked better but I have smoked much worse. For a machine made these are the best I have had. Also at about 75 cents a piece they are easy on the finances.
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

toby2

sjn1117

Always good to have a cheaply go to smoke
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

StogieDad

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

bmac7754

Never tried those, but glad you found a budget smoke for the everyday cigar.  Cigar smoking doesn't have to make us broke
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

styxxx

Very cool and not so easy to do.
Styxx,

If you win say nothing,if you lose say less.

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=styxxx

Newbhunter

Wow 0.75$ each! i can only dream of such a price for a decent cigar up here! Congrats on the good find...

tvolball

"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

johncw

Wow those look really dark... Always nice to have a budget smoke on hand.

CrazyK

CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

Vroomp

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Smurf

I need to get a couple of boxes of those for my Thursday nights  LOL
orbis non sufficit

Rbrushaber

so where did you find those and did you review them yet :)
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Rbrushaber

"Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and courage of free me and women.  It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have."  Ronald Reagan
This quote is as true today as it was when I first heard it in the 1980s and joined the USAF...

redjj

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."  Albert Einstein

LawDaddy

Never tried machine made cigars myself.

Cfickter

Might be worth a try, always looking for cheap alternatives for the yard-gar also
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Vroomp

Just purchased a box of Nestor Miranda Dopelboks for this very reason. $22 for 20 cigars on cbid..... They remind me of Cocoa Puffs....
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Ken Kelley

Great deal and I hope you enjoy them! As for me, my favorite inexpensive, yet tasty, cigar is the DPG Tobacos Baez SF in any of the formats. Usually can pick them up for about a buck each. Just a good tasting no-nonsense smoke from start to finish. If you have to abandon one, run over it with lawnmower, or burn it up with the torch you haven't lost much.
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

05Venturer

QuoteRbrushaber - 1/30/2014  9:19 AM

so where did you find those and did you review them yet :)
Picked em up from Cigars Int.
I haven't reviewed em yet as I do not feel qualified as much of a reviewer yet. I just know what I like and like what I smoke.  :meansmoke:
Kent

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Rbrushaber

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Rbrushaber

"Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and courage of free me and women.  It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have."  Ronald Reagan
This quote is as true today as it was when I first heard it in the 1980s and joined the USAF...

conditionZero

QuoteRbrushaber - 1/30/2014  8:53 PM  You got to start some where

Agreed. And what better place?

--JOE--

I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink.  Joe E. Lewis

Cigary

Yep...I say there should be a review.  Not having much faith in a 75 cent cigar I hope to be proved wrong.

StogieDad

How many cigars do you smoke a day Kent?  Just wondering, always good to find a budget alternative.  I use cigarauctioneer.com a ton for that.  I have picked up Perla Del Mar, CLE, RyJ, Aging Room, and several other premiums for less than $1.50 a stick.  All about the chase for me though.  I love finding those $5-10 smokes for cheap cheap cheap.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

05Venturer

QuoteStogieDad - 1/31/2014  8:11 AM

How many cigars do you smoke a day Kent?  Just wondering, always good to find a budget alternative.  I use cigarauctioneer.com a ton for that.  I have picked up Perla Del Mar, CLE, RyJ, Aging Room, and several other premiums for less than $1.50 a stick.  All about the chase for me though.  I love finding those $5-10 smokes for cheap cheap cheap.
Depends on the day sometimes 1 sometimes 4, along with my pipe also.
Thanks I will check that out.
Kent

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.