Best Cigar Prices

Started by conditionZero, 02/07/2014 10:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StogieDad

Kinda odd......fan caps are not the easiest to ship, but in a box you would think should be fine.  Seems like a big outfit to be fiddling with box numbers and such.  How do they look though, are they dry, any other problems?
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

conditionZero

QuoteStogieDad - 2/11/2014  12:10 PM  Kinda odd......fan caps are not the easiest to ship, but in a box you would think should be fine.  Seems like a big outfit to be fiddling with box numbers and such.  How do they look though, are they dry, any other problems?

They don't seem dry. And they smell freaking delicious. I guess I feel like they should have disclosed the number removal. As individually numbered boxes they're a bit of a collectors item, but without it, not so much. Had I known about it previously, I probably would have happily sacrificed the numbers to save 30-40 bucks, I just don't like feeling like I was misled. 

--JOE--

I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink.  Joe E. Lewis

mike.casey

QuoteconditionZero - 2/11/2014  12:17 PM

QuoteStogieDad - 2/11/2014  12:10 PM  Kinda odd......fan caps are not the easiest to ship, but in a box you would think should be fine.  Seems like a big outfit to be fiddling with box numbers and such.  How do they look though, are they dry, any other problems?

They don't seem dry. And they smell freaking delicious. I guess I feel like they should have disclosed the number removal. As individually numbered boxes they're a bit of a collectors item, but without it, not so much. Had I known about it previously, I probably would have happily sacrificed the numbers to save 30-40 bucks, I just don't like feeling like I was misled. 

If your intent was to smoke them, then smoke them. If your intent was to collect them, then send them back.

It sucks that they didn't at least let you know the reason they were marked down so significantly. There should've been a pop up when you hit the checkout button, or something similar.

I've dealt with BCP quite a bit, because they have some of the better prices on LFDs. I've never received anything weird like you have, but I don't general buy HTF's from them.

I'd say chalk this one up as a learning experience for the future. If you want to send me the 3 with busted caps I'll inspect them for smokability.  :biggrin:
Life is hard. It's harder when you're stupid. -John Wayne-

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

dirtyleafcigars

QuoteconditionZero - 2/7/2014  3:32 PM

QuoteThe Burn Ward - 2/7/2014  1:17 PM  They are legit. Ordered from them several times. Professionally packaged and shipped quick. Also on the package the sender is "New Global Marketing", so your wife won't suspect the package actually contains cigars :biggrin:  :smoker:

Thanks Jared, that's what I needed to know. Although, any package I get WILL be open by the time I get home. Cigars are okay, as long as they don't include an invoice. Right now, I have my wife under the impression that cigars run about 75-85 cents apiece.   :whistle:

This always makes me chuckle. I'd say 75% of our customers request there to either be no invoice, or no return address. Damn wives are always snooping.... :angry:

conditionZero

Mike, I'm kind of thinking along those lines too. Except for the part about your smokability inspection services.
--JOE--

I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink.  Joe E. Lewis

conditionZero

Quotedirtyleafcigars - 2/11/2014  12:29 PM  
QuoteconditionZero - 2/7/2014  3:32 PM  

QuoteThe Burn Ward - 2/7/2014  1:17 PM  They are legit. Ordered from them several times. Professionally packaged and shipped quick. Also on the package the sender is "New Global Marketing", so your wife won't suspect the package actually contains cigars :biggrin:  :smoker:

Thanks Jared, that's what I needed to know. Although, any package I get WILL be open by the time I get home. Cigars are okay, as long as they don't include an invoice. Right now, I have my wife under the impression that cigars run about 75-85 cents apiece.   :whistle:

This always makes me chuckle. I'd say 75% of our customers request there to either be no invoice, or no return address. Damn wives are always snooping.... :angry:

Yeah, and by the way, there was an invoice included. Thank goodness I had them sent to my office. 

--JOE--

dirtyleafcigars

Haha. That's why we ask first.  :shy:

johncw

I'm curious do I have the only wife that looks at the credit card bill or bank statement? Because invoice or not there is no hiding that unless you guys all have separate accounts.

ROTHNH

I've done business with them and never had an issue.

IIRC, BCP used to be located in New York State (Kingston comes to mind) -- they got sick of the NY taxes and moved the entire operation to Pennsylvania a couple or so years ago ... many of their NY employees moved to PA right along with them.

I don't know if this is still the case, but they used to sell a Rocky Patel BCP exclusive called the "Prodigy" line -- very nice cigars -- we did a Geek review on the Prodigy some time back .  I like the BCP  "Robolo" shape a lot -- BCP offers this shape in the Prodigy line and a host of other proprietary lines from well known makers.

nwb

Joe, personally I would not be too happy.  They should have disclosed that the number would be sanded off and have other markings on the box.  I doubt you got fakes/seconds, as I believe BCP is fully legitimate, but they should have notified you when you ordered.  When I buy cigars, I want them in the original packaging from the manufacturer.

However, if you plan on smoking them, then you got a good deal.  Let BCP know your concerns and enjoy them!
Chief of Shaft

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.