Site slow and unstable?

Started by hebron, 03/01/2014 04:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

05Venturer

Anyone still having issues? I seem to have a long wait to load home page  but then it seems better than yesterday but still not full steam on my end.
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

hebron

Quote05Venturer - 3/2/2014  3:17 PM

Anyone still having issues? I seem to have a long wait to load home page  but then it seems better than yesterday but still not full steam on my end.

Same, no timeouts, no errors, but really long load times. Had to wait three minutes to post this...  :snoring:
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

Caveman Steve

Still very slow,but I have faith it will be worked out soon enough.  :-)
"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

05Venturer

QuoteCaveman Steve - 3/2/2014  9:19 AM

Still very slow,but I have faith it will be worked out soon enough.  :-)

I am certain also it will get worked out. I was just checking if I was on my end as I have family members staying here so we have 3 extra devices hooked up to my WiFi.    :-0
Kent

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Mojo66

All seems to be back to normal. Good thing too since I have just started being able to use my right hand after an unfortunate mishap.

I'm back....and so is the site.
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Rhall

its been back and forth for me as to if it take 3-5 minutes to load or near instant like normal
Insert sarcastic quote here.

Mojo66

Might have been a little too enthusiastic, the problem is still there although intermittent.

Thanks to the admins for all the work they put in, I know it's not always so easy, I was a sys admin for years and supported many web sites so I know that it can be a pain sometimes.

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Ken Kelley

QuoteMojo66 - 3/1/2014  11:52 PM

All seems to be back to normal. Good thing too since I have just started being able to use my right hand after an unfortunate mishap.

I'm back....and so is the site.

Sorry for your unfortunate malady and glad to see you back! However, the opening you have left for potential wise ass comments just boggles the mind!  :biggrin:

However, such is the power of my steely self-control that I wouldn't even THINK of doing such a thing! Well, yeah I did think about it...a little bit. :biggrin:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

SenorPablo

So i'm not sure why it is taking so long but they still have issues with the DDOS going on.  It seems the device they put in front of the server is really making access slow.  So until they can get the DDOS stopped we're stuck apparently.  It does seem a lot better than before though.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Cfickter

Seems to be improving, thanks for all the hard work to get us back up
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

conditionZero

It takes a dedicated group to trudge through this and continue posting faithfully. I would have given up on any other site yesterday.
--JOE--

I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink.  Joe E. Lewis

hebron

QuoteCfickter - 3/2/2014  9:59 PM

Seems to be improving, thanks for all the hard work to get us back up
:word:
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

hebron

QuoteconditionZero - 3/2/2014  10:16 PM

It takes a dedicated group to trudge through this and continue posting faithfully. I would have given up on any other site yesterday.

Haha, my thoughts exactly!  :thumbsup:
- Thomas

Mautrak

Don't worry.  Soon the Enn Ess Ay will be done copying all the posts, usernames, and addresses from the site and they'll stop tying up the servers.  (Didn't want to use that government agencies actual initials as they surely are watching for that too.  They'll be knocking on my door in minutes just for posting this!)

05Venturer

QuoteMautrak - 3/2/2014  3:59 PM

Don't worry.  Soon the Enn Ess Ay will be done copying all the posts, usernames, and addresses from the site and they'll stop tying up the servers.  (Didn't want to use that government agencies actual initials as they surely are watching for that too.  They'll be knocking on my door in minutes just for posting this!)

:uzi:  

Good luck
Kent

conditionZero

I'll do it. NSA NSA NSA.

I'm sure that I'm on a few of their lists already. I guess they can confiscate my cigars while they're here taking my guns.
--JOE--

I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink.  Joe E. Lewis

Cfickter

Quotehebron - 3/2/2014  4:20 PM  
QuoteconditionZero - 3/2/2014  10:16 PM  It takes a dedicated group to trudge through this and continue posting faithfully. I would have given up on any other site yesterday.
Haha, my thoughts exactly!  :thumbsup:

My new ObamaCare policy will not cover my anti-depressants from not being be on my favorite site. Damn you DDOS hackers

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

sauraspop

My sentiments  exactly. Don't Worry, Be happy, the NSA only wants PROTECT us law abiding citizens!
Sammy - Semper Vigilis

Be carful what you wish for, You may get it! Ray Wylie Hubbard (Mother Blues)

As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake. ~ Cliffy ~

williegstyles

Intermittent for me all day.
Gregory

1029henry

QuoteMautrak - 3/2/2014  1:59 PM

:biggrin:
"What a kid I got, I told him about the birds and the bees and he told me about the butcher and my wife"

"When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them"

"My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met"
-Rodney Dangerfield

CrazyK

Is it back??? Is it really back?? :-)
CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.