New Tupperdor

Started by 05Venturer, 02/25/2014 08:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hebron

Quotebstessl - 3/10/2014  6:03 AM

Try following the directions in the coolerdor article, thats what I did.  Mine smelled strong of plastic, but it is odor free now.
That's what I have been using for reference, I'm going to pick up a bottle of bleach today and give that a go. Still had a hint of plastic smell to it this morning.
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

hebron

Gave up on the previous containers, didn't try the bleach through. Bought new ones instead, one made of glass which doesn't smell at all  :biggrin: The plastic one hardly smells, go good feelings about these.

Gave the plastic one a pre-wash with cold water and a bit of dishwasher soap and let it dry in the sun, then washed both with cold water and mild detergent.

- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

bstessl

Right on!  Good luck!
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

nirab

Toss some cedar in em from some ceegar boxes, and you are good to go!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

hebron

I am ready :)
- Thomas

Camshaft83

I gave up on the ones I bought online also. Stopped by Walmart and grabbed a big ziplock. Same size and design as the ones online but no plastic smell. :bigthumbs:
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

hebron

Does any one know if the odor-fighting power of the sun work though glass? I haven't got the option of putting it outdoors, but plenty of sun through the windows during the day.
- Thomas

nwb

Quotehebron - 3/12/2014  3:15 PM

Does any one know if the odor-fighting power of the sun work though glass? I haven't got the option of putting it outdoors, but plenty of sun through the windows during the day.

Just my gut feeling, but I think it would be much more effective outdoors.
Chief of Shaft

bstessl

Quotehebron - 3/12/2014  2:15 PM

Does the glass smell?

bstessl

hebron

Quotebstessl - 3/12/2014  9:22 PM

Does the glass smell?
No the glass one is fine, and in use :) I've started preparing the plastic one, just left it by the window for days. Hoping to clear the tiny odor that was present. I'm gonna place some baking soda in it this afternoon and leave for a few days just to be sure :-)
- Thomas

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.