CigarGeeks Fantasy Baseball League (Nkowal wins the league!!!)

Started by StogieDad, 03/11/2014 05:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmmayo

QuoteStogieDad - 3/14/2014  9:57 AM

It is ESPN, I think it will be Head to Head weekly, unless everyone wants to play Roto.

Head to Head is much more fun (trash talk with the guy you are playing that week), plus only having one lineup to set per week keeps it fair for those that don't have time for daily lineup changes.

I'd love to play in an ESPN league. I've got teams on Yahoo and CBS already.

Email: cmmayo@yahoo.com
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

StogieDad

We would need one more then to expand to 12.  Would love to have you though!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

conditionZero

Just one more will make it an even twelve. Anyone?
--JOE--

I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink.  Joe E. Lewis

nkowal

I'm alive.... I'll be you're huckleberry.

Count me in.

StogieDad

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

cmmayo

QuoteStogieDad - 3/14/2014  10:12 PM

Sweet,  12 it is

Send me the info if you get a chance. I 'd like to get my team set up on Sunday. Thanks for running the league.
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

StogieDad

I'm out of town until late tomorrow,  so I will get the last emails out tomorrow night maybe, but probably Monday.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

johncw

cmmayo

Got my team ready. This should be fun!

By the way, I leave the country for two weeks on March 28, so if we could do the draft before then, it would allow me to set lineups for all the days I'll be gone. Thanks!

The Dog Rockets Rule!
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

cmmayo

Quotenirab - 3/13/2014  10:08 AM

QuoteStogieDad - 3/12/2014  11:44 AM

BTW, I assume you guys want to do an autopick draft?  Hard to get 10 guys together at the same time for a live draft.  That OK with everyone?

Autodraft is fine with me :bigthumbs:...and if the best player in baseball lands on my team, I will be one happy camper!!   :angel:  :angel:

Trout, Cabrera, or Kershaw at #1?
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

johncw

How ever you do the draft is fine with me.

nirab

Quotecmmayo - 3/20/2014  1:56 AM

Quotenirab - 3/13/2014  10:08 AM

QuoteStogieDad - 3/12/2014  11:44 AM

BTW, I assume you guys want to do an autopick draft?  Hard to get 10 guys together at the same time for a live draft.  That OK with everyone?

Autodraft is fine with me :bigthumbs:...and if the best player in baseball lands on my team, I will be one happy camper!!   :angel:  :angel:

Trout, Cabrera, or Kershaw at #1?

Trout, hands down!  :biggrin:  :angel:  :angel:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Chrism305

Auto draft always works well with me.

StogieDad

-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

StogieDad

OK Bubbas, I set a auto-draft for Thursday morning, so you have time to change your orders if you want.  Should give you time before opening day to get your lineups sey over the weekend.  Everybody clear, any questions?
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

johncw

Longhorn

Thanks for the heads up - will work on draft sequence!  Should be fun!

cmmayo

I appreciate it. Thursday was my last chance before the trip, so this is perfect.

Go Dog Rockets!
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

cmmayo

The draft ran this morning and man, did I mess up my team. Like my pitching and outfield, but other than 1B, my infield is HORRIBLE.

Still, I can't complain since I had the 2nd pick and still got Trout.   :dancing:
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

nirab

Quotecmmayo - 3/27/2014  4:03 PM

The draft ran this morning and man, did I mess up my team. Like my pitching and outfield, but other than 1B, my infield is HORRIBLE.

Still, I can't complain since I had the 2nd pick and still got Trout.   :dancing:

Anytime you wanna trade Trout to a real Angels fan, I'm your geek brother!  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :shy:  :angel:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

StogieDad

May be some fun trades going around with Geeks this year!
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

nirab

QuoteStogieDad - 3/27/2014  4:19 PM

May be some fun trades going around with Geeks this year!

Oh yea! And using cigars to sweeten the deal!!  :biggrin:  :shy:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

nkowal

Quotecmmayo - 3/27/2014  5:03 PM

I moved Miggy up to 1 after looking at points. Point-wise it makes sense, since he should get more TB and RBIs and less Ks. He'll lose some points for SBs, but not as much as he should gain. Most other formats I'd say Trout gives you a nice uptick in SBs.

I didn't think it would matter, since I had a 1 in 12 chance, but guess it did. Not going to complain about getting Miggy.  :biggrin:

And my pitching is downright awful... so I'm in a reverse boat.

Cfickter

Great. Opening day. 3 players on DL
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

StogieDad

QuoteCfickter - 3/31/2014  12:19 PM

Great. Opening day. 3 players on DL

Thats the fun thing about Fantasy Baseball, plenty of time to make that up and plenty of starters on waivers.

Good luck fellas!
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.