CigarGeeks Fantasy Baseball League (Nkowal wins the league!!!)

Started by StogieDad, 03/11/2014 05:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nirab

I have absolutely no f#$king idea as to what I am doing when looking at my lineup!! This ain't anything like FF. Am I supposed to put pitchers in and out daily, depending on when they start? The DL list seems to be inactive, is this so? I know my baseball, but this fantasy stuff has got me all discomboobulated!!!! Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.  :biggrin:  :confused:  :confused:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

johncw

yes you have to change your line up each day if you choose to..  There is a Manage DL link near the top of your team i believe. That is the only way to add someone to the DL

nirab

Quotejohncw - 3/31/2014  12:06 PM

yes you have to change your line up each day if you choose to..  There is a Manage DL link near the top of your team i believe. That is the only way to add someone to the DL

I tried to use the DL, but it does not seem to be activated for our league. I will try again. Every day...oh boy!! Who do I send my cigars to??  :biggrin:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Cfickter

I was able to move a player to the DL, but had to move the bench first.  I wish we had more DL slots.  These guys get injured regularly and with 25 players more than like you could have multiple DLs at any one time.
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

StogieDad

Quotenirab - 3/31/2014  12:47 PM

I have absolutely no f#$king idea as to what I am doing when looking at my lineup!! This ain't anything like FF. Am I supposed to put pitchers in and out daily, depending on when they start? The DL list seems to be inactive, is this so? I know my baseball, but this fantasy stuff has got me all discomboobulated!!!! Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.  :biggrin:  :confused:  :confused:

You can only put a player on the DL that is actually on the MLB DL.  It will have a note to the side that says DL15 of DL60.

THe only thing with pitchers you have to do is you get 12 starts a week.  It shows PP by the pitcher (probable starter) so you know that morning it is their day.  You don't have to switch every day by any means.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

StogieDad

Would anyone be against me adding an extra DL slot?  I think I can still do that.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

johncw

I think 2-3 DL spots would be great.

nirab

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Cfickter

I am up for at least 3 DL slots

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Cfickter

Michael, have done plenty of NFL fantasy  but this is my first BB.  If I move a player from active to bench I still keep that points he earned to that point of moving him correct?

StogieDad

QuoteCfickter - 3/31/2014  3:41 PM

Michael, have done plenty of NFL fantasy  but this is my first BB.  If I move a player from active to bench I still keep that points he earned to that point of moving him correct?

Chuck, I will check, but I am pretty sure rosters lock at first pitch each day.  So you can move people right up until gametime, and keep previous points during the week.  That make sense?
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

Cfickter

Makes sense but this is a head to head league, correct?

StogieDad

Correct, head to head for a week at a time.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

Cfickter

Any more thoughts on add to the DL?  Would like to see two more

StogieDad

Sorry for no update, it lets me into the settings but will not update them.  I have emailed support, but it may not let me since the season has started.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

Cfickter

Thanks Michael. Enjoying getting back into BB deeper

StogieDad

-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

johncw

The points accumulate daily for those that are on the active roster playing positions those points are saved and added to the next days total and so on. So yes if you bench a player you will only not score points for the day he was benched.

Cfickter

I really used to be really deep into baseball. Had a subscription to Baseball America and read it cover to cover. This has been really good for getting back into the players.

StogieDad

Just so you guys know, there is a smartphone app for ESPN Fantasy Baseball.  Pretty handy for roster changes and such, for those of you worried about finding the time.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

johncw

Michael,
Have you decided if your going to expand the DL spots or is that locked since the season started?

Thanks,
John

StogieDad

Quotejohncw - 4/3/2014  9:23 AM

Michael,
Have you decided if your going to expand the DL spots or is that locked since the season started?

Thanks,
John

I emailed support, and have not recieved an answer.  It looks locked, but I am seeing if there is anything I can do.

I had to release a catcher yesterday going on DL, because I had a good SP on the DL already.  Hope I can get us another slot.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

Cfickter

QuoteStogieDad - 4/3/2014  9:36 AM  
Quotejohncw - 4/3/2014  9:23 AM  Michael, Have you decided if your going to expand the DL spots or is that locked since the season started?  Thanks, John
I emailed support, and have not recieved an answer.  It looks locked, but I am seeing if there is anything I can do.  I had to release a catcher yesterday going on DL, because I had a good SP on the DL already.  Hope I can get us another slot.

Thanks for keeping on this. I have 3 players on the 15 day DL and my SS went on maternity leave

cmmayo

Can't believe my team pulled together and won the first game by ten points. Amazing comeback... I didn't have a lead until the very end.  :dancing:
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

johncw

QuoteStogieDad - 4/3/2014  8:36 AM

Quotejohncw - 4/3/2014  9:23 AM

Michael,

Thanks,
John

I emailed support, and have not recieved an answer.  It looks locked, but I am seeing if there is anything I can do.

I had to release a catcher yesterday going on DL, because I had a good SP on the DL already.  Hope I can get us another slot.

yes its rough because i have 3 guys on the DL as well...

Michael there may not be anything they or you can do because it probably locked with the start of the year.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.