Black Ops Burn Issues

Started by 05Venturer, 03/11/2014 06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

05Venturer

I have smoked 6 out of a bundle of 20 Black Ops and of the 6 I have had bad canoeing issues with 3-4. Any one else having trouble or know what I can due to cure it? It is a real PITA , especially when driving. :angry:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Cfickter

Smoked a few myself but don't recall any issues. Short of a touch up, watch the burn, try to catch it early, turn the slow burning side down and see if it catches up on its own
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

sjn1117

Its technically a Ghurka get used to it :biggrin:
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

DonM

Quotesjn1117 - 3/12/2014  12:25 AM

Its technically a Ghurka get used to it :biggrin:

:lmao:

"The Curmudgeon"

nwb

Do you smoke with the windows open?  I find that I have more issues with errant burn in the rare instance when I smoke in the car.  Probably has something to do with the wind.

Or, as said above, you could just expect it considering it is a Gurkha.
Chief of Shaft

ntanner

I have issues similar to that as well sometimes when I smoke in the truck. I always have a window cracked a little and the cross draft seems to do it to me. I find opening the p[passenger window instead of my side and closing the vent on my side help's some.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

05Venturer

I do open the passenger window in my truck a bit also. I have had this issue at home too. Just wondering if it may be something I am able to correct easily. Could it just be the batch?
It just really sucks to try to touch up when driving
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

The Burn Ward

Quote05Venturer - 3/12/2014  9:01 PM

I do open the passenger window in my truck a bit also. I have had this issue at home too. Just wondering if it may be something I am able to correct easily. Could it just be the batch?
It just really sucks to try to touch up when driving

Sounds like a typical combustion issue for Gurkha cigars.

Here's a link: http://www.thecigarkingblog.com/2014/01/cigars-101-burning-questions/

Hope that helps.

dirtyleafcigars

There's always the possibility it's a batch issue. I've only smoked a handful of these but have not had any significant issues. I know it's tough (at least for someone as impatient as myself) but try just giving them a good, long rest. Let them really chill out and they will give the moisture a chance to equalize throughout the entire cigar. That usually works for me.

Then of course there's always the old trick of putting a little dab of spit on the side that's burning quick. That'll slow it down.

nwb

I see what you did there, Jared. :lmao:
Chief of Shaft

bmac7754

I have smoked allot of the black ops and only recall an issue once.  Could be the batch you got, but as a avid travel lounge smoker here is a helpful hint that over time helps me.  Make sure you are rotatiing the cigar in your hand while driving, if you hold it the same way it will do what I see in your pictures.  I really see this happen with all kinds of cigars not just the Gurkha when its cold out as you are in right now.  Keep the heat up in your car by the way it helps the burning.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.