St. Baldrick's ** The hair is GONE! **

Started by bstessl, 03/14/2014 04:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ntanner

Donation is in, wont be selecting youre hair color but thanx for the chance to help a good cause.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

nwb

QuoteconditionZero - 3/14/2014  6:30 PM

Quotenirab - 3/14/2014  4:04 PM  I'd shave my eyebrows for a mediocre 5pk...do I win??  :biggrin:

I've got five Gurkhas with your name on them if you shave your eyebrows. Ten if you just shave one. 

That would be priceless. :lmao:
Chief of Shaft

tvolball

A Nobel cause. I'm in but I'll issue another challenge for you guys. My heart goes out to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. To me, that's about the saddest thing I can think of, a sick child that can't be a kid because they are fighting for their life. A kid just doesn't deserve that. I'm asking you guys to make a donation to St. Jude's. not in my name but just a donation in your name and continue to do it every year.
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

bstessl

Guys, all I can say is thank you, you guys are dominating this!
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

sauraspop

We do and yes St. Jude's is one of our family charities.

Sammy - Semper Vigilis

Be carful what you wish for, You may get it! Ray Wylie Hubbard (Mother Blues)

As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake. ~ Cliffy ~

bstessl

Quotenirab - 3/14/2014  12:33 PM

Way too cool!! I am doing Locks of Love right now, and have about another 6 months to go. Knowing that this is the last time that I will be able to grow my hair out, as some "thinner than other" areas of my head are telling me, it's good to know that I can join this cause next year. Donation forthcoming... :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:  :bigthumbs:  :bigthumbs:  :bigthumbs:  :bigthumbs:  :bigthumbs:
I wanted to try and do both, St. Baldricks, and when they shave my head donate the hair... But unfortunately my hair does not grow that fast (I'm pretty sure no one would want this mop turned into a hairpiece anyway)... lol.  That is why I started dyeing it to try and raise more.

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

conditionZero

--JOE--

I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink.  Joe E. Lewis

johncw

Gift Information
This gift is from: An Individual Donating to the participant:
Brian Stessl
Listed on Web site as: Noah and Ella Dohrman-Weiler
Transaction Date: March 16, 2014

I can't wait to hear and see the hair color.

bstessl

Wow, I have been working long hours, didn't even come home last night and you guys even bumped this for me!  You guys are amazing!  Thank you so much to all of you who are donating!  All I will give away as far as donations go is I am up to $781 now!  10 days until I haunt you all with pictures of my ridiculous hair!

conditionZero

Quotebstessl - 3/16/2014  4:55 PM  Wow, I have been working long hours, didn't even come home last night and you guys even bumped this for me!  You guys are amazing!  Thank you so much to all of you who are donating!  All I will give away as far as donations go is I am up to $781 now!  10 days until I haunt you all with pictures of my ridiculous hair!

I'm glad it's working out, Brian. I hope you meet and beat your goal. 

--JOE--

I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink.  Joe E. Lewis

nwb

That is great you've gotten so much support thus far.  WTG, folks!
Chief of Shaft

bstessl

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!  Thanks again to everyone who is donating for this great cause!  I am now up to $851!!  I am truly amazed at the progress made this past week!

nirab

QuoteconditionZero - 3/14/2014  5:30 PM

Quotenirab - 3/14/2014  4:04 PM  I'd shave my eyebrows for a mediocre 5pk...do I win??  :biggrin:

I've got five Gurkhas with your name on them if you shave your eyebrows. Ten if you just shave one. 

Joe, I specifically said 5 mediocre cigars, not 5 dog rockets!  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

conditionZero

Quotenirab - 3/17/2014  11:38 AM  

I'll toss in a couple of those Rocky Patels that you love so much to bring the curve up a little.   :biggrin:

--JOE--

bstessl

Longhorn

Donation sent - good luck and thanks for supporting a worthy cause!  :thumbsup:

bstessl

bstessl

If you are new to this thread, please make sure you read the first page!

sauraspop

QuoteconditionZero - 3/17/2014  12:50 PM  
Quotenirab - 3/17/2014  11:38 AM  

I'll toss in a couple of those Rocky Patels that you love so much to bring the curve up a little.   :biggrin:

RP's, now that's very thoughtful of you Joe!   What an :angel:

Sammy - Semper Vigilis

Be carful what you wish for, You may get it! Ray Wylie Hubbard (Mother Blues)

As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake. ~ Cliffy ~

conditionZero

That's just how I roll.
--JOE--

Brlesq

Quotebstessl - 3/17/2014  8:18 PM

Thank you!

Oh hell,  Brad got a personal "Thank You", we're all f-cked!

:bigthumbs:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

bstessl

QuoteBrlesq - 3/17/2014  9:11 PM

Quotebstessl - 3/17/2014  8:18 PM

Thank you!

Oh hell,  Brad got a personal "Thank You", we're all f-cked!

:bigthumbs:

He just had good timing... lol,  I was on at the time.  I thank all of you!

metalhead y cigarguy

I participated in St. Baldricks last year. I shaved my head and beard. I looked like I was 18 again.  :biggrin:
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

nwb

What's the total, Brian?  Have you hit the $1,000 mark?
Chief of Shaft

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.