A pass for those who want a pass

Started by gpd4, 04/02/2014 03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtmazz10

Super excited to get this already massive box!

Not gonna do takes/puts until I get to see the love...I'm going on "feel" on this one!

This is gonna be fun though, can't wait!
"If I cannot smoke in heaven, then I shall not go." (Mark Twain)

John-Thomas Mazzocchi
Founder and Curator of Lilynana's Crib

jtmazz10

OK the box went out today.

Thanks for letting me play!

FYI I'm not sure of the exact date of purchase but that massive RYJ I put in has at least two years of age on it.
"If I cannot smoke in heaven, then I shall not go." (Mark Twain)

John-Thomas Mazzocchi
Founder and Curator of Lilynana's Crib

gitfiddl

Got the Brobdingnagian (look it up) package today.  Good grief guys, can we please keep in mind when choosing containers for passes that the USPS charges more to ship packages with one dimension over 12"?  It's not a big deal on short legs like between me and Barry, but it gets noticeable when you start shipping longer distances.  I'd repackage this one, but George's wife is probably screaming about her missing Rubbermaid container.  :shades:

Enough bitching and moaning. :biggrin:  I'll do my best to get it turned around tonight.  If not, it will fly Saturday.
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

gpd4

That rubbermaid box was only about 1-1/2" too big for the USPS medium flat rate box, and I was wanting it out the door...
My greatest fear in life is that when I die, my wife sells my things for what I told her I paid for them...

gitfiddl

Quotegpd4 - 5/15/2014  5:25 PM

That rubbermaid box was only about 1-1/2" too big for the USPS medium flat rate box, and I was wanting it out the door...

No worries, Brother!  I was mostly just "stirring the pudding" and wanted to use that Gulliverian term.  Takes and puts are submitted.  Let me know if they are okay.

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

gitfiddl

Didn't get by the PO today.  I'll ship it tomorrow and post the tracking number.  

gitfiddl

The pass is on its way and has been transitioned to Barry (benchjockey).  It should be there Monday.  I nabbed one of those nifty sizing cards and tossed in a JetLite in case someone needed one.

benchjockey

Looking forward to it, Dave.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

benchjockey

Box arrived today from Dave in good condition.
Should have it transitioned to John tomorrow.

johncw

This may be the fastest pass in the history of passes.

05Venturer

Quotegitfiddl - 5/17/2014  10:18 AM

The pass is on its way and has been transitioned to Barry (benchjockey).  It should be there Monday.  I nabbed one of those nifty sizing cards and tossed in a JetLite in case someone needed one.

There should be enough sizing cards for everyone I hope I added enough. They are pretty handy  :?:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

benchjockey

Quote05Venturer - 5/19/2014  4:54 PM  
Quotegitfiddl - 5/17/2014  10:18 AM  The pass is on its way and has been transitioned to Barry (benchjockey).  It should be there Monday.  I nabbed one of those nifty sizing cards and tossed in a JetLite in case someone needed one.  
There should be enough sizing cards for everyone I hope I added enough. They are pretty handy  :?:

I see 3 here now. To make sure George gets one I'll pass them on.

gitfiddl

Quote05Venturer - 5/19/2014  4:54 PM

Quotegitfiddl - 5/17/2014  10:18 AM

I got a ruler and a similar, albeit ragged and worn chart on my desk at home.  I took the one from the pass to work for those midday Monster urges.

benchjockey

The box has been transitioned to John (afflicted).
Enjoyed the pass, George. Thanks for letting me play.

aflicted

Oh lord, its my turn.  Time to go humidor diving to see what I come up with!

bmac7754

Wow this pass moved very quickly, almost done.  @John, smoke that right coast sitting down and not driving, it requires requires some relights as its a massive triangle size.
@Kent, I picked up one of those charts, very handy, thanks
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

aflicted

So I got home not sure what to expect.  This is a bit overwhelming.  Puts and Takes are in.  Hope the puts are up to par for what I relieved from the box.  I'll transition with a tracking number ASAP.

nwb

Quoteaflicted - 5/22/2014  6:25 PM

So I got home not sure what to expect.  This is a bit overwhelming.  Puts and Takes are in.  Hope the puts are up to par for what I relieved from the box.  I'll transition with a tracking number ASAP.

That is the biggest pass box I've ever seen....
Chief of Shaft

aflicted

The package is on its way.  Should be in Warson Wood, MO on someone's doorstep come Tuesday afternoon.  Thanks for putting together the pass and letting me in on the fun!

gpd4

I'd like to thank everyone for participating in my first pass.  I saw it on John's doorstep a bit ago (at the other end of my street), so I'm going to call this one just about finished!  That was FAST!  I think I left feedback for everyone - but if I missed you, please let me know.  I apologize for the container size - I have buddy who owns a UPS store and my view of what shipping 'really' costs is a bit skewed.  The (failed) plan was for that tupperware container to fit in a medium USPS flat rate box, but I missed it by about 1.5" on the long end.  I'll shop for a new container before I host another pass.  The only other things I pass (they call it a swap) are fishing flies, and I can sometimes get 100 or more in an Altoids tin...
My greatest fear in life is that when I die, my wife sells my things for what I told her I paid for them...

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.