Round Robin VII - Winter 2014 Edition

Started by mike.casey, 01/23/2014 10:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpurtle01

Haha!   Then we would all look stupid.  That's a near impossible one unless you get a Genesis, a lot 23 or an LP   Or something else that just isn't similar to others.

nwb

Quotempurtle01 - 5/2/2014  11:20 AM

Haha!   Then we would all look stupid.  That's a near impossible one unless you get a Genesis, a lot 23 or an LP   Or something else that just isn't similar to others.

I sent all robustos this time around, and I received the same.  It makes it very challenging (hence my 1 point), but it is a lot of fun. :biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

Vroomp

I too sent three robustos and the confusion seemed to work....But, Longhorn's three identical colored wrappers didn't help! :-(
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Blgove

Quotempurtle01 - 5/2/2014  6:28 AM

Thanks gents.  But I have to give it to blgove.  I'm not sure how many folks that have been around a while would have missed the LGSB 5...  Sorry Bruce. And anyone who has a perdomo lot 23, look at their wrappers compared to others.  They have a very Perdomo lot 23 look and texture.  I lucked out on getting those two, almost to the point that it wasn't fair.  Brian, you killed it...  If we'd swapped cigars you'd have pounded me. :shy:

I did manage to guess that it was an LFD, and that it was the most expensive!! :biggrin:

Regarding your comments about the LGSB series. I found it interesting that you didn't find the #5 as satisfying as some of the previous editions. I thought the #5 was a great smoke, and your observations  make me want to try the others - availability not withstanding.  I like the suggestions recently mentioned on this forum regarding possible changes to make it more fair for everyone - including Rookie Geeks like me :smoker:

Bruce
"The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee hapiness, only the pursuit of it.  You have to catch up with it yourself"  

Benjamin Franklin

The Burn Ward

I should have pulled in 4 points.

mike.casey

My bad ^^^

In that case... You still didn't win.

To the winners, I've had these in ziplocs in the humi for a couple weeks but still have not sent them. Hopefully you have something to smoke while waiting on me to remember to pick up some flat rate boxes.
Life is hard. It's harder when you're stupid. -John Wayne-

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

mike.casey

photo rrwin_zps86281ef3.png
Finally on the way fellas, sorry for the delay!
Life is hard. It's harder when you're stupid. -John Wayne-

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

nirab

No apology needed my friend! I was not expecting anything from coming in second, so thank you!!!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

nirab

Quotemike.casey - 5/16/2014  12:51 PM

photo rrwin_zps86281ef3.png
Finally on the way fellas, sorry for the delay!

Check this out...it could be in Buda, or it could be in Delaware...WTF??!!  

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?qtc_tLabels1=9405903699300186469827
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

nwb

Quotenirab - 5/19/2014  1:33 PM
Check this out...it could be in Buda, or it could be in Delaware...WTF??!!  

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?qtc_tLabels1=9405903699300186469827

:lmao:

DE....TX....they are basically the same, right?
Chief of Shaft

mpurtle01

So, I got my prize package earlier this week.  Awesome!   Thanks Mike.  Only have had one, the 88, and it's one of my faves!    :dancing:

Vroomp

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Ntxsage

Great idea to require same sizes and bo distinctive features. Will definitely level the playing field and make for a great challenge. Maybe too much of challenge? Maybe we could do one requiring distinctive features and sizes for the rookies?
Did you know Stuart Scott almost made the Scripps National Spelling Bee as a child? Then the judges asked for skiing, but he only had one I. - acr

nwb

Very nice prize pack!

Michael - It might make it more difficult, but it would definitely even the playing field.  We could always do two levels - one with similar cigars (difficult) and one where anything goes.
Chief of Shaft

hebron

- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.