Kismet

Started by junglepete, 02/25/2016 05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

So these are on special all week at CI...never heard of them...says it's been rated 90 four times. Anyone know by who?

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/specials/weekly-special/?sourcekey=WSESP2

With free shipping it comes out to $1.75ea. for a 20ct box of Toros.

Below is StogieDads (Michael) review from 2015 May

Anyone else tried these? Any comparison to the 5 Vegas Gold?

I've been looking for a new cheap stick more in the medium range and by cheap I mean 2-3 bucks for a large robusto to a large toro size?

"Kind of floored by this cigar.  Expected it to be a cigar that Famous was pushing (got it free in an order), so I expected a cheapie.  Fired it up while grilling some steaks and from the start, this was a really nice medium-body smoke.  Started out toasty with some nuts, the middle got extremely creamy, and the last third there was a wonderful spice kick that I was not expecting.

Performance was perfect, straight as an arrow burn, thick smoke, firm ash.

Maybe I was just shocked because it was so much better than I expected.  But I thought this was a 4-star smoke all day.  Complex, tasty, and performed well.  Just floored."
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Vroomp

Stogiedad's got a pretty good palate and if he says it's good I would trust that~! :bigthumbs:
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

MacMac

I'm not heard of them before.
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

ntanner

Hadn't heard of them before but with A review like that and A price that cheap I don't see A down side.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

StogieDad

Who the hell would listen to that guy???:biggrin:
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

junglepete

Seems it is produced by the Augusto Reyes Family and has gotten some pretty good buzz and reviews when it first came out. I may give it whorl.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

toby2

I've been burned on dirt cheap smokes too often. one bundle is just great so you stock up and when they come in they are crap. just my luck I guess.

bmac7754

QuoteStogieDad - 2/25/2016  9:50 PM  Who the hell would listen to that guy???:biggrin:

:lmao:  :lmao:
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Mojo66

QuoteStogieDad - 2/25/2016  9:50 PM  Who the hell would listen to that guy???:biggrin:

I would ;-) 

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Jackal

They were Swisher Sweets foray into the Premium cigar market. They are from their Royal Gold venture.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

headfirst

For what it's worth I was pleasantly surprised by the new 5 Vegas Miami, it's a solid medium and gordos can be had $2 or less at the devil site...
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

junglepete

Quoteheadfirst - 2/26/2016  1:40 PM

For what it's worth I was pleasantly surprised by the new 5 Vegas Miami, it's a solid medium and gordos can be had $2 or less at the devil site...

Good to know, thanks!
Guru of Frugality

Scap

Quoteheadfirst - 2/26/2016  11:40 AM

Had to search what the "devil site" was.  

Y'all crack me up with some of the nicknames.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.