Origin of the term "Dog Rocket"

Started by jbshumidor, 03/20/2014 07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kman

Great story.... and a great reminder of "You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him" - Malcolm Forbes. Not that the enlisted couldn't do anything for him, just that is the way he saw them.

On a similar, but unrelated topic, I've been watching Band of Brothers again after the recent passing of Wild Bill Guarnere. What an absolutely fantastic series.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

jbshumidor

QuoteBrlesq - 3/21/2014  1:04 PM  It's always surprised me that nobody has named a cigar brand or line that yet.  Its already part of the language that cigars smokers speak, and the novelty of it would sell it.

OMG....the mileage you could get out of that release!

Just imagine the marketing:

Rolled by volunteer cigar geeks!

Origin: You don't want to know.

Blend: Was it something I ate?

Then there would be the reviews:

Prelight aroma: Smells like _____!

Flavor profile: Tastes like _____!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

toby2

yeah good story.

dog rocket reminds me of red rocket which reminds me of gnat butter which reminds me of Gurkha.... :biggrin:

sherman

Great story.  Will remember that every time I use the phrase

Ken Kelley

Hmmmm....I smell a sea story here! I was an old enlisted guy before I crossed over the divide for the rest of my career so I have a nose for these sort of things. Good story though...if it's true!  :biggrin:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

nkowal

C130Driver

I just stumbled upon this story independently and was also suspecting it was made up. Even in my short tenure in the military I've learned if you didn't witness it yourself, it's probably bull. It was a fun read though.
I never can understand how anyone can not smoke it deprives a man of the best part of life. With a good cigar in his mouth a man is perfectly safe, nothing can touch him, literally.

Thomas Mann

¨¨°¨°¨Ô¨°¨°¨¨

Check out my inventory http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=C130Driver

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

tjm0831

toby2

it ain't this? around here that what it means.

appollo

MacMac

That's a really great story!
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

bstessl

Shyte...  Kent has a sidekick...
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

cajun600

plnortham

Good read! Neat to find the origins of this. Thanks!
Phil Northam

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." ~Mark Twain

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." ~W.C. Fields

Kid Montana

Of all threads to resurrect,  this was a good one.  I doubt the story is true, but it'D be great to have heard it in person.

I'd rather have a cigar...

Scap

Quotetoby2 - 2/27/2016  4:32 PM

"Red Rocket" is not the same as "Dog Rocket"

Lol

gitfiddl

Quotetoby2 - 2/27/2016  6:32 PM

Where's the chick in the mask and leather?

:-0
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Scap

Quotegitfiddl - 2/29/2016  10:02 AM

Quotetoby2 - 2/27/2016  6:32 PM

Where's the chick in the mask and leather?

:-0

TMI!!!

Ken Kelley

Ummm...how did ya'll get from dog rockets to dog dicks, eh? I think you boys need some new toys to play with.
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.