Escape room games, available on escaperoom are immersive experiences where players collaborate to solve puzzles within themed environments. These adventures challenge teams to unravel stories and find clues under a time constraint, offering thrilling teamwork and problem-solving opportunities. Visit escaperoom.com to discover a world of engaging and exciting escape room challenges. <a href="https://escaperoom.com/">Escaperoom</a>

Main Menu

Birthday Present

Started by Kman, 03/21/2014 09:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BewareDaPenguin

:drool:  daaaaannnngggg that's bada$$!!! Very nice! Congrats on the bday gift! Now onto filling that bad boy up! :biggrin:
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

Cfickter

Wow, that is some humi. Congrats
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

nirab

That is very nice!!   :bigthumbs:  :bigthumbs:  It will take you years to fill that one up...said no cigar geek ever!!! :lmao:  :lmao:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

StogieDad

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

lubrix

Looks great,will look better full!.
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

hebron

Damn, that is awesome!  :drool:

:bigthumbs:  :bigthumbs:
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

Mojo66

That's a nice size humidor. Looks great too.

Jealous here but very happy for you, what a nice toy.
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

DonM

"The Curmudgeon"

Kman

Thanks guys!! Really excited about this. Now comes the hard part.... having the patience to wait until it's up to humidity. I really don't want to take any chances with it, so instead of the usual "wipe down" method or anything else, I'm just letting the humidification run and slowly season the whole thing that way.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

conditionZero

--JOE--

I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink.  Joe E. Lewis

Kman

Got my next accessory for the humidor today. Brad (Longhorn) described how he uses an Ozone generator to keep his sticks beetle and mold free. Sounded like a great idea so I got a little ozone machine that will sit in the bottom of the humidor next to the Magna and I can run it periodically to make sure everything is clean and safe.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

BewareDaPenguin

Thats awesome! So when I go to build mine I'm stealing all you guys ideas! :-)

Jackal

That is truly a thing of beauty

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

DonM

I want a tower in a bad way!  Kerry, did you get it from Tampa Humidor?  They are driving distance from me.

"The Curmudgeon"

DonM

I want a tower in a bad way!  Kerry, did you get it from Tampa Humidor?  They are driving distance from me.

"The Curmudgeon"

nirab

Don's gonna get two towers!  :bigthumbs:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

nirab

Don's gonna get two towers!  :bigthumbs:  :shy:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Kman

QuoteDonM - 3/27/2014  4:58 PM  I want a tower in a bad way!  Kerry, did you get it from Tampa Humidor?  They are driving distance from me.

Don - I did get it from Tampa Humidor. I ended up having to pay about $200 in shipping, so you could obviously save that if they are so close. If you mention my name, Kerry Davis and Bruce Long (Brlesq) I think Mike will give you a pretty good deal. If you call, make sure to ask for him directly or if you email their sales email address I think it goes to him.

nirab

QuoteKman - 3/27/2014  4:35 PM

QuoteDonM - 3/27/2014  4:58 PM  I want a tower in a bad way!  Kerry, did you get it from Tampa Humidor?  They are driving distance from me.

Don - I did get it from Tampa Humidor. I ended up having to pay about $200 in shipping, so you could obviously save that if they are so close. If you mention my name, Kerry Davis and Bruce Long (Brlesq) I think Mike will give you a pretty good deal. If you call, make sure to ask for him directly or if you email their sales email address I think it goes to him.

If you are willing to share, what was the out the door total? :confused:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

akira

That thing is sweet.  My birthday is coming up.  I originally told my wife I didn't really want anything, but I might have to show her this thread.   :biggrin:
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'" -Jack Handy

Kman

Quotenirab - 3/27/2014  5:43 PM  

I don't mind at all. With the humidor, the humidification system and the aforementioned shipping, the total was $950. 

BewareDaPenguin

QuoteKman - 3/27/2014  7:23 PM

Quotenirab - 3/27/2014  5:43 PM  

I don't mind at all. With the humidor, the humidification system and the aforementioned shipping, the total was $950. 

Wow man that's still a great deal...very nice!!! It's way to tempting!!! :thumbsup:

nwb

That is awesome!  Looking forward to pictures of it filled up. :biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

Kman

Quotenwb - 3/30/2014  6:57 PM  That is awesome!  Looking forward to pictures of it filled up. :biggrin:

Probably a week or more I'm guessing. It's up to about 65% humidity at the moment, but uneven. 68% at the bottom, 63% in the middle and 66% at the top. I want to get it to at least a minimum of 70% everywhere and keep it there for a bit before I start putting sticks in. Then I'm sure I'll have to tinker with it a bit to get at 65% where I like it.

nwb

Yeah, it takes some time.  I think I seasoned my tower for over two weeks, but I didn't have active humidification at the time.

Funny thing - when I bought mine, I think I had a couple hundred cigars.  When I got them all in, it was pitiful looking.  I quickly resolved that issue, though. :shamebag:
Chief of Shaft

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.