Erie PA Cigar Store

Started by quickme, 03/24/2014 07:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quickme

I may be jumping the gun a bit but the family is heading to Erie PA in Aug to Slash Lagoon.  I was wondering if there is any good Cigar shops to stop at.   It'll be great if I could smoke in a lounge but I don't know what the laws are.  There's a chance that we'll be heading to Grove City to shop also so somewhere I can sit and have a stick to avoid the shopping madness would be great also.  Thanks in advance.

Nick

Kman

I haven't been out that way in awhile. The Pittsburgh boys may have some better ideas for you but I can't think of anything actually in Grove City. There is a Tobacco and Wine shop near the outlets, but no lounge or anything. I think your best idea there is to head down the road to Slippery Rock Cigars. It's about 7 miles south of there and they have a lounge and pretty good selection. At least they did the last time I was there.

https://slipperyrockcigars.com/retail-store.html

No ideas yet on Erie, but I will ask around and see if I come up with anything.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

quickme

Thank you!!  At least I have a place to start.  Is it legal to smoke inside in PA?

Kman

It's different depending on what part of the state you are in, but most places have banned smoking inside for restaurants and bars. Most of the Cigar shops around me have lounges where you can smoke in and I'm pretty sure it would be the same in that area as well.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

cavenbk

I'm with Kerry, nothing in the Grove City area that I know of. I have never been to the store in Slippery Rock but that would probably be your best bet. Most of the bars in and around thePittsburgh area allow smoking inside,  it all of them allow cigars though. But to be able to smoke in the bar, they can only do a fraction of their sales in food (can't remember the percentage). If you happen to go to Slippery Rock and want something to eat, check out North Country Brewery. They have some great food, and they are a brewery so they make all of their own food.

Sorry I couldn't be of a little but more help.
You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

quickme

thanks for the help so far.   I've been surfing around slippery rocks site.  Kind of hoping to find some Nic. Davidoffs.  Just wanna try 1 first before committing.  regardless Sticks are much cheaper down in the US than up here in Canada.

Brlesq

QuoteKman - 3/24/2014  11:10 AM

I haven't been out that way in awhile. The Pittsburgh boys may have some better ideas for you but I can't think of anything actually in Grove City. There is a Tobacco and Wine shop near the outlets, but no lounge or anything. I think your best idea there is to head down the road to Slippery Rock Cigars. It's about 7 miles south of there and they have a lounge and pretty good selection. At least they did the last time I was there.

https://slipperyrockcigars.com/retail-store.html

^^ This is your only bet near Grove City.  Its about a 15 minute drive away, but the women in your posses will shop for 6+ hours at Grove City, so it shouldn't be an issue.  :-)

A neat non-cigar place for the whole family to shop is Wendall August Forge (a half-mile from the outlets).  We've been buying stuff from them since I was a kid.

http://www.wendellaugust.com/location/flagship_grove_city_pa
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.