My Tupperdor

Started by bstessl, 03/24/2014 02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hebron

Yeah, that looks awesome. Did the humidity stay stable after you got the sticks in? It might dip or spike a bit before stabilizing, depending on the humidity levels in the sticks.
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

bstessl

Quotehebron - 4/5/2014  12:04 AM

Yeah, that looks awesome. Did the humidity stay stable after you got the sticks in? It might dip or spike a bit before stabilizing, depending on the humidity levels in the sticks.

Yup!  Still holding very well!  I am satisfied so far!
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

ntanner

Looking good. The nice thing is the fuller it get's the more stable the humidity is, so fill er up.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Cigary

QuoteBewareDaPenguin - 3/24/2014  8:20 PM  
QuoteCigary - 3/24/2014  7:16 PM  That's how it's done.  I have 21 Tupperadors
Holy crap Gary??? I stopped reading after that  :respekt:

Once I started using Tupperware I never looked back.  The process of setting them up is so easy that I stopped using regular humis.  I use a good brand name tupperware product ( RubberMaid ) that is 2.5 gallon size...it will hold up to 200 cigars (toro size) and I line the bottom with cedar sheets and use KL as my hygro media...takes one day to dial in the RH I want ( 65%) and the rest is history.  The tupperware is stackable and I have most of them in one of my closets in a spare room.

bstessl

QuoteCigary - 4/5/2014  12:08 PM

Once I started using Tupperware I never looked back.  The process of setting them up is so easy that I stopped using regular humis.  I use a good brand name tupperware product ( RubberMaid ) that is 2.5 gallon size...it will hold up to 200 cigars (toro size) and I line the bottom with cedar sheets and use KL as my hygro media...takes one day to dial in the RH I want ( 65%) and the rest is history.  The tupperware is stackable and I have most of them in one of my closets in a spare room.

[/QUOTE]

Thats awesome!

hebron

QuoteCigary - 4/5/2014  7:08 PM

I think I might be heading in that direction as well... I used to worry about the cost involved in getting enough humidor space, until I discovered the tupperdors. And I see multiple other benefits as well; I can keep different storing conditions, in the case of a beetle outbreak (God forbid!) the stick affected is limited.

I think once I buy a house and get my lounge going I'm just putting in cabinets to store the tupperdors. I have also been thinking about a solution like this: http://www.aplaceforeverything.co.uk/home-storage/storage-boxes-wall-mounted-plastic
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

Cigary

Quotehebron - 4/5/2014  2:16 PM  
QuoteCigary - 4/5/2014  7:08 PM  Once I started using Tupperware I never looked back.  The process of setting them up is so easy that I stopped using regular humis.  I use a good brand name tupperware product ( RubberMaid ) that is 2.5 gallon size...it will hold up to 200 cigars (toro size) and I line the bottom with cedar sheets and use KL as my hygro media...takes one day to dial in the RH I want ( 65%) and the rest is history.  The tupperware is stackable and I have most of them in one of my closets in a spare room.
I think I might be heading in that direction as well... I used to worry about the cost involved in getting enough humidor space, until I discovered the tupperdors. And I see multiple other benefits as well; I can keep different storing conditions, in the case of a beetle outbreak (God forbid!) the stick affected is limited.  I think once I buy a house and get my lounge going I'm just putting in cabinets to store the tupperdors. I have also been thinking about a solution like this: http://www.aplaceforeverything.co.uk/home-storage/storage-boxes-wall-mounted-plastic

That photo idea is so awesome I think I got a cigarboner!  I'm gonna do that in my spare bedroom.  I can just hear my wife already....WTF is this crap on the wall....( my answer....Cigar Art....now go buy some more shoes )

bstessl

QuoteCigary - 4/5/2014  5:21 PM

Quotehebron - 4/5/2014  2:16 PM  
QuoteCigary - 4/5/2014  7:08 PM  Once I started using Tupperware I never looked back.  The process of setting them up is so easy that I stopped using regular humis.  I use a good brand name tupperware product ( RubberMaid ) that is 2.5 gallon size...it will hold up to 200 cigars (toro size) and I line the bottom with cedar sheets and use KL as my hygro media...takes one day to dial in the RH I want ( 65%) and the rest is history.  The tupperware is stackable and I have most of them in one of my closets in a spare room.
I think I might be heading in that direction as well... I used to worry about the cost involved in getting enough humidor space, until I discovered the tupperdors. And I see multiple other benefits as well; I can keep different storing conditions, in the case of a beetle outbreak (God forbid!) the stick affected is limited.  I think once I buy a house and get my lounge going I'm just putting in cabinets to store the tupperdors. I have also been thinking about a solution like this: http://www.aplaceforeverything.co.uk/home-storage/storage-boxes-wall-mounted-plastic

That photo idea is so awesome I think I got a cigarboner!  I'm gonna do that in my spare bedroom.  I can just hear my wife already....WTF is this crap on the wall....( my answer....Cigar Art....now go buy some more shoes )

perfect answer!!

hebron

QuoteCigary - 4/6/2014  12:21 AM

:lmao: Yeah, you've got your shoes, I've got my cigars!

The idea of having a wall of those gives me a tingling feeling as well  :cigarman:
- Thomas

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.