Good Article

Started by 05Venturer, 04/04/2014 09:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

05Venturer

Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

sjn1117

Im glad I live in Texas!
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

DonM

Glad to live in FL. Some states use the tax on tobacco as a form of increased Income.

"The Curmudgeon"

ntanner

Not to bad in New Mexico yet.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Cfickter

Not that bad in PA by a long shot.  Sad, sad, story
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

aflicted

So thankful that the ALA spokesperson is in touch with medical research and can produce evidence to back up his claims.  I rest easy knowing he is out there lobbying to abscond with my rights in an effort to save me from myself.  My smoking habit is a decision between my body, my wife, and my insurance premium.

Kman

QuoteCfickter - 4/4/2014  1:26 PM  Not that bad in PA by a long shot.  Sad, sad, story

Yes but probably soon to change. I have heard of proposals anywhere from 3.6 cents per cigar all the way to 25% of wholesale. Of course CI, Famous and Holts are all fighting it big time right now.

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

nwb

QuoteKman - 4/4/2014  2:39 PM

QuoteCfickter - 4/4/2014  1:26 PM  Not that bad in PA by a long shot.  Sad, sad, story

Yes but probably soon to change. I have heard of proposals anywhere from 3.6 cents per cigar all the way to 25% of wholesale. Of course CI, Famous and Holts are all fighting it big time right now.

Just a guess, but if that ever happens, those shops will be moving to Florida.  They do entirely too much volume not to....
Chief of Shaft

Mojo66

It's bad, but still better than Montreal. Near 400% taxes on tobacco products
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.