New Proud Member

Started by JamesTanner, 04/15/2014 08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BewareDaPenguin

QuoteLonghorn - 4/16/2014  6:31 AM

Hey James, again welcome... curious, why don't you just go to any one of the numerous online shops and purchase a sampler pack?

:word: & welcome from the Midwest!
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

05Venturer

If you are looking for a few great deals check this out

http://www.amazingcigarbargains.com/.    :dancing:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

johncw

Welcome from St. Louis... Like others have mentioned get a nice sampler from some of the sites that have been provided. That is exactly what I did and it worked out great for me.

nirab

Welcome from beeuutaful Buda, Texas!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Beegerply

Welcome from the Midwest, enjoy the site  :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

sjn1117

Welcome from Texas
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

Mojo66

Welcome to CG James
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Brlesq

QuoteLonghorn - 4/16/2014  8:31 AM

Hey James, again welcome... curious, why don't you just go to any one of the numerous online shops and purchase a sampler pack?

Great suggestion here.  Rather than risk getting cigars you may or may not like from one of us, you can pick your own out at any number of sites.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

gpd4

Welcome from St. Louis
My greatest fear in life is that when I die, my wife sells my things for what I told her I paid for them...

Kman

Welcome from PA!! I concur with the suggestions for getting some samplers from the various sites. Everyone's tastes are different, so us trying to send you cigars we think you'd like is like asking us to pick out your clothes or car for you.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

Otter

Welcome to the group!
R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

17leaves

conditionZero

QuoteLonghorn - 4/16/2014  7:31 AM  Hey James, again welcome... curious, why don't you just go to any one of the numerous online shops and purchase a sampler pack?

Online stores generally don't have a firm grasp of geek math. 

And welcome to CG, James. 

--JOE--

I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink.  Joe E. Lewis

Hot Stuff x

LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

bmac7754

to the site from MA
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

nwb

Chief of Shaft

JamesTanner

Thanks for all the welcomes and suggestions.  I appreciate the sites to try buying from.  I will update my profile as well.  Today I traveled to.a cigar shop after work and the employee helped me pick out some different cigars including perdomo, pardon, mi Amor, Ashton and fuente.  I'll let you know.whst I.think of them.  Luckily it's getting warmer outside here in northern Michigan and I'll be able to smoke outside after work and enjoy a drink and cigar.  The man at the shop also told me to try and avoid buying online because you will get wet, dry and generally not good quality cigars.  I now need to purchase a good humidor.  I have a cheap one that does not hold humidity well.  Ps if I.do.ever buy any cigars from members via PayPal I will never mention tobacco.  Thank you for the heads up.
James Tanner

Camshaft83

I buy 75% of my stuff online. Do not listen to him about that. For a good first purchase you can go to any of the sites mentioned and get a good sampler of cigars and a humidor. The first one i got was from Cigars International (Blue Chip Combo #12) and worked just fine. One thing to remember about buying online is that they will need to acclimate for a while in your humi. I let all mine sit for at least 3 weeks before I smoke one.

And do yourself a favor and get a digital hygrometer. I like the small round humidicare ones that are on Cigars International.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

Mojo66

QuoteJamesTanner - 4/18/2014  2:28 AM  Thanks for all the welcomes and suggestions.  I appreciate the sites to try buying from.  I will update my profile as well.  Today I traveled to.a cigar shop after work and the employee helped me pick out some different cigars including perdomo, pardon, mi Amor, Ashton and fuente.  I'll let you know.whst I.think of them.  Luckily it's getting warmer outside here in northern Michigan and I'll be able to smoke outside after work and enjoy a drink and cigar.  The man at the shop also told me to try and avoid buying online because you will get wet, dry and generally not good quality cigars.  I now need to purchase a good humidor.  I have a cheap one that does not hold humidity well.  Ps if I.do.ever buy any cigars from members via PayPal I will never mention tobacco.  Thank you for the heads up.

Don't get us wrong, most of the geeks with large stash will be more than happy to sell, trade or whatever once you get to know what you like. At first, it is better to try to define your likes and dislikes and then move on to buys, trades, splits, passes here on CG. No one here would want to send you cigars that you'd dislike. We aim to please, I haven't seen anyone here looking for a profit when selling to another geek. There is a thing called geek math that you will soon discover, something they don't teach in school ;-)

As far as B&M versus online buying goes, let's say I (but I know others feel the same way) try to encourage local B&Ms but buy a large amount online or from other geeks. The cigars online, if you deal with reputable sites, are just as good as any you'd find in a B&M. The rule is always to let them rest in you humidor for a while, until they reached your favorite RH and settled.

You can post pics or details about the sticks you got from the B&M for our enjoyment.

Long ashes brother

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Smurf

Welcome to the site
orbis non sufficit

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.