Antique ice box humidor????

Started by McBryde, 08/12/2014 10:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GBRADSHAW

Not to hijack, but I got mine!
OK...who's the clown with the cigar?

dddddmorgan

Greg, that's nice.
Is it a humidor. If so we need pics of the inside.
Molon Labe!

Longhorn

Quotedddddmorgan - 8/17/2014  8:50 AM

Greg, that's nice.
Is it a humidor. If so we need pics of the inside.

X2 - very cool!   :thumbsup:

GBRADSHAW

It is not a humidor yet...it is still in the icebox stage.  I'm in the process of moving....then I am going to tackle this project.
OK...who's the clown with the cigar?

Caveman Steve

Quotedddddmorgan - 8/13/2014  8:18 AM  Ya I'll chime in that I think the idea would be great.  The interior of the fridge is enamel coated tin, except for the ice box which would be galvanized tin. The enamel coating should clean up easily and the addition of shelves or drawers would probably suffice for cedar infusion. The galvanized tin ice box part I would probably line with plywood or the afore mentioned cedar. You'd have a hard time getting veneer to stick, I'd cut everything for a tight fit and a few dabs of silicone should keep everything in place.

Awesome fridge.  FYI you can buy 4 X 8 sheets of plywood in various thicknesses in Spanish Cedar.  It's not cheap, but less expensive than solid wood, and is a big time saver.  It won't regulate humidity though as well as solid stock, but that probably won't be an issue in a fridge like that.  A bigger problem will be making sure you get some air exchange on a regular basis to avoid mold. My 02c

GOOD LUCK!

"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

McBryde

Greg you sorry sucker! I have to find me one, they look like they will work awesomely, and be a great looking antique in the house!

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Camshaft83

Looking forward to some pics.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

toby2

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.