Spring/Summer 2014 Newbie Pass

Started by nwb, 05/12/2014 07:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nwb

:bump:

We have 10 players.  We need a few more to get this kicked off.
Chief of Shaft

gpd4

I've only been on the boards 11 months...do I still qualify as a newbie?  I'll take a spot if you need me.
My greatest fear in life is that when I die, my wife sells my things for what I told her I paid for them...

Mojo66

Come on newer members, Passes are a lot of fun, if you never participated here is your chance, you won't regret it.

I would but I am not a newbie here anymore, did participate in a Newbie pass (newb to Newbie pass Fall 2013) and it was just spectacular.

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

gpd4

Thanks for the invite, Nathan - I'm in!
My greatest fear in life is that when I die, my wife sells my things for what I told her I paid for them...

nwb

Quotegpd4 - 5/19/2014  12:47 PM

Thanks for the invite, Nathan - I'm in!

No problem!  I've got a couple of more spots open, but I'm going to close this out by the end of the week and get it started next week.
Chief of Shaft

nwb

The seed cigars have been added:

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=cigpass;area=history;boxpass_id=190

I tried to include cigars that aren't readily available to everyone and a number of different flavor profiles and price ranges.  Please let me know if there is anything you'd change, feel the price points are too high, etc.
Chief of Shaft

goathead

gpd4

benchjockey

You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

nwb

Glad the initial puts are good.  Looking forward to kicking this off - we still have space!
Chief of Shaft

JamesTanner

I am in this pass.  Can someone point me in the right direction of how exactly it works or the official rules for this specific contest?  A link?
James Tanner

benchjockey

Go to the first page of this thread. Nathan posted all the links.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

sauraspop

QuoteJamesTanner - 5/19/2014  10:17 PM  I am in this pass.  Can someone point me in the right direction of how exactly it works or the official rules for this specific contest?  A link?

KnowledgeBase --> Cigar Geeks Help --> The Cigar Geeks Automated Cigar Pass System

Sammy - Semper Vigilis

Be carful what you wish for, You may get it! Ray Wylie Hubbard (Mother Blues)

As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake. ~ Cliffy ~

nwb

Chief of Shaft

nwb

:bump: to the top.

I'm locking this up this weekend, and the pass will go out next Tuesday.  There is still room, and I'd like to see a few more participants.
Chief of Shaft

sauraspop

:-0 Some really nice sticks there Nathan. Still room for a more, come on Geeks!

:bump:  it up!

Sammy - Semper Vigilis

As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake. ~ Cliffy ~

nwb

Thanks Sammy.  I went ahead and sent out a few invites for some newer members that haven't participated in passes.  Hopefully, we'll get a couple more people, but if not, we have enough folks to give this a go.
Chief of Shaft

Kid Montana

Thanks for the invite!  I'm excited to get this thing going.

I'd rather have a cigar...

sauraspop

QuoteKid Montana - 5/21/2014  11:06 AM  Thanks for the invite!  I'm excited to get this thing going.

Way to go Daniel. Make sure you put your address in your profile.  :biggrin:

Sammy - Semper Vigilis

GBRADSHAW

I'm in!  Thanks for the invite!
OK...who's the clown with the cigar?

nwb

Great to have you both!  2 more invites out there, so we'll see if they join.
Chief of Shaft

timpellis

Thanks for the invite, thought I might have been too new to join.  I'm all signed up.

Kid Montana

Quotesauraspop - 5/21/2014  12:07 PM

QuoteKid Montana - 5/21/2014  11:06 AM  Thanks for the invite!  I'm excited to get this thing going.

Way to go Daniel. Make sure you put your address in your profile.  :biggrin:

I thought I had but apparently there is a setting to make it visible.

A separate question: what should we use to evaluate the price of our puts and takes?  If somebody scores a box of something for half MSRP, I don't think that should be compared to a single purchased at a B&M in Montreal (200% $$$$ales tax) so what reference levels the playing field to determine value?

I'd rather have a cigar...

aflicted

I think the standard price guide is cigar international.  That is what I am going by unless there is a better way.  Just look up your takes and price out the puts.  I don't think it counts as additive though.  IE 20 white owls does not equal a $10 stick.

nwb

Ok, it looks like all invites have been accepted, so I'm closing this off to new participants.  The pass order has been set, and the seed cigars are done.  Since I'll be busy the next few days and this weekend, I'll plan on kicking this off early to mid next week.  Thanks to everyone who joined, and please be sure to read the articles in the original post prior to your turn in the pass.
Chief of Shaft

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.