Spring/Summer 2014 Newbie Pass

Started by nwb, 05/12/2014 07:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nwb

QuoteKid Montana - 5/21/2014  9:31 PM
I thought I had but apparently there is a setting to make it visible.

A separate question: what should we use to evaluate the price of our puts and takes?  If somebody scores a box of something for half MSRP, I don't think that should be compared to a single purchased at a B&M in Montreal (200% $$$$ales tax) so what reference levels the playing field to determine value?

Your address is visible to those in the pass, so no worries.

For the value of puts/takes, we usually use Cigars International box price.  For the higher end cigars and boutiques, I tend to use MSRP or 10% off MSRP as a guide, since these cigars are rarely discounted.  Just keep in mind that 2 $5 puts do not equal 1 $10 take.  Also, any take for a  HTF or Cuban should be replaced like for like.  As long as the value, cigar for cigar, is close, I'm not going to worry about it.  The spirit of the pass is to get some of you involved, build some credibility, and HAVE FUN!
Chief of Shaft

nwb

Quotenwb - 5/21/2014  10:34 PM

Ok, it looks like all invites have been accepted, so I'm closing this off to new participants.  The pass order has been set, and the seed cigars are done.  Since I'll be busy the next few days and this weekend, I'll plan on kicking this off early to mid next week.  Thanks to everyone who joined, and please be sure to read the articles in the original post prior to your turn in the pass.

:bump: to new page so everyone knows where we stand.
Chief of Shaft

Longhorn

Rules? We don't need no stink'n rules!!!

Joelala

You guys got seeded some nice sticks
Joe

sauraspop

Sammy - Semper Vigilis

Be carful what you wish for, You may get it! Ray Wylie Hubbard (Mother Blues)

As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake. ~ Cliffy ~

nwb

Back from out of town, so I'll try and get this packaged up and out the door by the end of the week (Saturday at the latest).  Looking forward to getting it kicked off!
Chief of Shaft

bstessl

Some really good seeds in there!  This one should be fun!
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

Kid Montana

I'd rather have a cigar...

nwb

QuoteKid Montana - 6/3/2014  7:19 PM

Has this been launched yet?

Sorry for the delay.  This is going out in tomorrow's mail!  Pass has been transitioned to Jessica (Cigarplace). :biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

nwb

This has officially launched.  Enjoy, folks!
Chief of Shaft

CigarPlace

Thanks guys, I'm preparing the stuff to go in it today. Took me quite awhile to do so but just so you all know now, that Flatbed Cigar is ALL MINE!!! Don't worry I'll replace it with some good stuff. I hadn't planned on making any take/puts but I've been hearing good things about that stick and I just have to try it.

Also, I'm going to be doing some geek math. There will be 15 envelopes in the pass box that we'll be adding to the game. Each Geek is to take only ONE envelope. Enclosed you'll find a gift certificate for either $5 or $25 dollars. The only catch is there is only 1 $25 gift certificate and you won't know which one you have picked randomly until you try to redeem it. You can check your gift certificate balance using this link.

http://www.cigarplace.biz/index.cfm/a/plugin.checkbalancegiftcert

I hope you guys enjoy the hunt and May the Odds be Ever in Your Favor!

StogieDad

Wow Jessica, that is really awesome.  Enjoy newbs!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

sauraspop

Very nice Jessica. Thanks, for the gift. I shop at CigarPlace all the time.
Sammy - Semper Vigilis

Be carful what you wish for, You may get it! Ray Wylie Hubbard (Mother Blues)

As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake. ~ Cliffy ~

goathead

benchjockey

You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

timpellis

Awesome, what a great twist!

Kevin48438

Very cool Jessica.   Thanks!
"I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

"There are two things worth living for, one is a good cigar, the other is a better one." - Unknown

scottvodka

Awesome! Can't wait to draw:). Haven't shopped at cigarplace yet, but I've got my eyes open, and this is a great incentive :).

Kid Montana

I'd rather have a cigar...

johncw

QuoteCigarPlace - 6/5/2014  4:13 PM

Thanks guys, I'm preparing the stuff to go in it today. Took me quite awhile to do so but just so you all know now, that Flatbed Cigar is ALL MINE!!! Don't worry I'll replace it with some good stuff. I hadn't planned on making any take/puts but I've been hearing good things about that stick and I just have to try it.

Also, I'm going to be doing some geek math. There will be 15 envelopes in the pass box that we'll be adding to the game. Each Geek is to take only ONE envelope. Enclosed you'll find a gift certificate for either $5 or $25 dollars. The only catch is there is only 1 $25 gift certificate and you won't know which one you have picked randomly until you try to redeem it. You can check your gift certificate balance using this link.

Great job Jessica.... The Flatbed Cigars are really good.

I wish I could have gotten in on this but I'll be out of town and didn't want to take a chance on holding it up.

Have fun everyone

hebron

QuoteCigarPlace - 6/5/2014  11:13 PM

Wow! That is awesome Jessica!  :respekt:
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

bstessl

Jessica, you sure are Top Notch!  Thanks for the added gift!
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

gpd4

My greatest fear in life is that when I die, my wife sells my things for what I told her I paid for them...

GBRADSHAW

For the record, I thought I posted this late last night(I may be loosing my mind), but Thanks, Jessica!  I'm glad I accepted the invite!  New smokes and a discount on some others!  Can't wait to draw!
OK...who's the clown with the cigar?

nwb

Just catching up on Geeks - that is an awesome gesture, Jessica, and very much appreciated!

The pass shows as having been delivered on Saturday.  For you or anyone in this pass, feel free to PM me with any questions.
Chief of Shaft

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.